1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I need an older Java for Mac

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by baptistteacher, Sep 30, 2008.

1. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

I need to find a verstion of Java that will run on my Mac G3, OS 9.2.2.

I looked at the Sun website, but couldn't find anything but for OS X.

Help!?!

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not backward compatible????

I snooped and found nothing as well. I also snooped openoffice.org and all they list is for ten and above.

I did run across something somewhere that java is on the ten install disk, did you look for it on your 9 install disks?

If all else fails post or pm me and I will dig the mac disks out that I have and see if I can find it on any of them.

Is Windows calling you maybe :laugh: NAAAAAAHHH!

3. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

Not windows, but a computer [Mac] made in this century might be calling. :praying:
    :type:

4. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

On my OS 9 disc is something called Mac OS Runtime for Java, {MRJ2.2.5}. Is that what I need to find?

When looking through the Mac computer folder (like "My Computer" on windows) I see a thing called "Java Library", but no application called Java comes up in a search in Sherlock. Am I looking for it wrong?

The website which has my very small IRA has upgraded their site, and I can't access it without either a very new Flash, or Java.

5. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If there is a java library I'd think java was installed somewhere along the line.

You might email apple and java and see if they can help you. I will run to the garage - well walk - and see if I might have it in my junk. Will get back to you if I find anything exciting.

If you are in a hurry you could search this board for mac and pm the guys that have macs.

6. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have os9.2 and did a search with sherlock and found a ton of java files, have not idea what they all were, but it had to have come on the original disk since it is a fresh install.

I'd guess it is in with the system files and you'd have to install the system to get it back, but I'd think it would be on your drive somewhere.

Have you tried different browsers? Might be java didn't connect up with the one you are using.

Hope someone more helpful comes along.:thumbs:

7. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think this is it.

Mac OS Runtime for Java 2.2.5