1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I need some advice

Discussion in 'Money Talk$' started by Gina B, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Is there anyone here with teens going into college or that have already gone that ALSO have been through a divorce of that child's birth parent and remarried? If so, would you be willing to talk via pm?

I'm having issues with helping fill out forms and everything they require and feel there are some illogical expectations when it comes to how they're counting income and there has to be a more logical way to work things out. We're down to the wire now on getting the applications done properly and think I must be confused on how things work.

2. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Hey Gina, any of your local colleges have a financial aid center that can help you with that, even if you don't end up choosing to go there. Just go to one that is run by your state and not a private "technical" one. Privates sometimes skim the line and do a hard sell to get you to go with them. A state run one is much less likely to do that.

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Both the ones she is looking at now are private, though we saw the same things on state run ones.

ALL of them want information that I am not comfortable with and/or cannot exactly give with certainty...but like I said, I don't want to discuss it openly and be mistaken as trying to make anyone involved look bad, just want to talk to some others who have done this and see how they worked it out.

4. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

FAFSA form are flat nosy, no doubt. I can't help you with the rest though. Updating Cass' FAFSA this next year will be interesting no doubt.