1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I need some help, please!

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by susanpet, Jul 15, 2002.

1. susanpet

susanpet New Member

After I connect to the internet, the only way I can proceed to go to any page, I have to first logon to yahoo messenger. If I don't it displays an error page. Sometimes I have to restart my pc to even logon to yahoo.
    Any help would he appreciated. I have a HP Pavillion, Windows 98.

Thanks
    Susan

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Assuming that you're using Internet Explorer:

See if you can click on Tools, then Internet Options. The first tab should be labeled "General," and you should see a section for Home Page. More than likely, it has htttp://www.yahoo.com or some reference to yahoo. Change that to whatever address you would like to be your start page.

I'm not familiar with Yahoo Messenger myself; don't use chat programs (my wife uses AIM).

If this doesn't fix it, I'll download Yahoo Messenger and see what happens.

3. susanpet

susanpet New Member

Thanks Don!
    I changed my start page to MSN.com. I don't know that much about PC's, just had the net since last Nov.
    This has worked, so far :D
    I really appreciate that you took the time to help me. Thanks again and God bless!

In Christ
    Susan