1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I ran across a .....

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by All about Grace, Mar 30, 2004.

1. All about Grace

All about Grace New Member

sermon by Bob Gray of Longview Baptist Church on the KJV and it reminded me of how indefensible and illogical the KJVO position truly is.

Thank God He delivered me from those chains years ago.

2. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

I ran across a sermon like that, too...but I can't remember the name of the preacher. Even though it was well delivered, I didn't agree with the preacher's conclusions. But it was so good, in fact, that I may be able to use it to present and support the idea of personal bible study. I'll just have to leave out the KJVO stuff.

He started out with the passage where Jesus tells the disciples to go buy a sword - you know, the AV-1611 sword. It goes on from there. I'll have to admit, it was pretty good.

3. uhdum

uhdum New Member

People come to church, struggling with life, sin, and relationships, expecting to hear a word from God for them and their situation. I just fail to see how a sermon like that either edifies the body or reaches out to the lost. I would hopefully have plenty of Bible to preach before I spend sermon time dogging people for their choice of Bible versions.

Just my opinion...

God bless!

4. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uhdum, I believe every Christian has a DUTY to fight false doctrines at every opportunity, and fighting one such as KJVO is helping to keep those weaker in faith to keep out of these false doctrines. To me, that's part of a pastor's job. Of course you have every right to feel as you do same as I do. After all, it's GOD who created diversity.