1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured I really miss contemporary worship

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It just is. Fat black women seemingly go places fat white women can't. If a woman is white and overweight, better she play an autoharp to Appalachian hymns than attempt to go anywhere with Christian rock.

2. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I think music/worship is a two way street. We are giving glory and praise to God, while he is blessing us and drawing us nearer to Him. Then of course, there are those who differentiate between "Psalms, Hymns, and Spiritual Songs", saying that one is praising God, one is speaking to each other, and one is God speaking to us.

One thing I've found interesting is that it seems that the angels do not sing. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong (as if I had to ask to be corrected :laugh:), as I don't have my Bible handy to look it up. But even at the birth of Christ, it doesn't say the angels sang. It says the host said or saying. From memory, it seems that any singing that happens in Revelation come from humans, not angels.

3. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

I am fairly broad minded when when it comes to church music. whatever style it is, I can "get into it" as long as the music is competantly sung and played, the players and singers are enthusiastic about it, and it has good rhythm.

...but if they are up there singing at a snails pace, and apearing to be bored to death...I will consider going outside and chatting with the cigarette smokers. :laugh:

#23 Alive in Christ, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2012