1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I Stand in Awe

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Aaron, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looks like we'll be debating the Gospel in another forum.

Three pages? Really?

2. Inspector Javert

Inspector Javert Active Member

It appears to be an experiment he's running informed by his observations:

He is saying when a thread reaches at least three pages then there is a minimum of 12 hrs. to a MAX of 24 he wants to give it to see if it genders good discussion.

Since the forum has moved to it's own section, it has taken on a different flair altogether. Some adjustment may be needed. The SAME individuals are posting on the topic, and the general thrust of the discussions has changed somewhat in tenor. That's obvious.....I think he's simply trying to foster as quality a discussion of these issues as he can.

Let's give his idea a shot. He's the mod, let's wait a week or two before we condemn his decision, if it doesn't work the way he wants it to, I don't doubt he'll alter his method.

3. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    To clarify, if there are posts inside that 12 to 24 hours, the clock resets. So, if the discussion is hot it will stay open. On the other hand, don't expect a thread to stay open forever. But, you can open a new thread to pick up where you left off.

4. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Ironically, this thread's title ("I Stand in Awe") is quite similar to that of one of Hillsong's lyrics to a song that was written some 20 or so years ago: "I Stand in Awe of You."

While the song has nothing much to do with this thread's heated debate, especially at this time of the year, maybe all of us here on BB ought to take off our fighting gloves for a minute of two and just contemplate this song's message:

You are beautiful beyond description!
    Too marvelous for words!
    Too wonderful of comprehension!
    Like nothing ever seen or heard.

Who can grasp Your infinite wisdom?
    Who can fathom the depth of Your love?
    You are beautiful beyond description:
    Majesty enthroned above!

And I stand, I stand in awe of You!
    Yes, I stand I stand in awe of You!
    Holy God to Whom all praise is due:
    I stand in awe of You!