1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I thank God

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by 4-christ, May 30, 2004.

1. delly

delly New Member

I am very proud to live in America and feel no shame in saying that I would rather be here than any place on earth.
    I can't say, I'm proud to live in Australia because I don't live in Australia.
    What's wrong with loving your country? I believe if you don't like where you are, you ought to leave.
    I can't imagine living in lots of other places on earth that still treat women like property and where they have no chance to change their lives or persue their dreams.
    There are many things in this country that I don't agree with. So many have perverted the gospel to suit their own sins, or they ignore God's laws altogether. But, there are so many countries where we would be forbidden to chose to serve our Lord and in many places be put to death for our faith.
    There is no denying that God has blessed us as a people and given us so much to be thankful for, but, if we continue on the path we are on now, God's wrath will not hold off forever. I believe this also applies to many other countries who have turned their backs on God's laws and chosen to pursue un-Godly lifestyles.
    The road we as a nation travel now can only lead to our destruction.

2. amixedupmom

amixedupmom Guest

We are all spoiled in this country, we just have to NOT let it go to our heads. We must remember everyone who gave thier life so we can be free.

A Tribute I've put up you might want to see

http://www.mazeofmymind.com/forallofthem.html

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I'm proud to be a Canadian,
    To the U.S. I owe my due,
    The U.S. Consulate, my only source of info.
    The Gulf War destroying not a few.

The coutry's under martial law,
    Demonstrations, every where.
    Missionaries suffer loss of life.
    It seems: life's not fair.

Israel dares to enter conflict.
    Chaos reigns in all the land.
    Confined to homes, we wait, anticipate,
    As America stands, in Arabia's sand.

Soon, by God's good providence,
    We escape the dreaded land.
    Live safely now in Canada,
    Were it not for America's hand.

I thank God for America,
    From sea to shining sea.
    May it always be: the land of the free,
    And the home of the brave.

DHK

4. baptistk

baptistk New Member

You're right on!!! [​IMG]

5. amixedupmom

amixedupmom Guest

-Lea butt in-

People look at us as the enemy because, we do our best ot make sure that everyone in this world is FREE. Free to chose. That is what God meant for us to do. Live by free choice. And, there are many counties that do not have that right (even Canada). We have rules sure, things we must abide by to get certian rights. (gun permits and so on) BUT, people in outher countries are jealous of the liberty we enjoy so freely. It wasn't always so. One of our best friends, England is responsible for the freedom we now have. Our country is one of helping, sharing, and policing. Not cause we want to be the top dog of the world, but because we BELIEVE that everyone has a RIGHT to do as they please. To say what they like about people in office, to run for those offices, to get INVOLVED. I'm wondering how many people who are against the US ever really stood up to change ANYTHING?

God Bless us ALL

6. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lea, You represent the attitude of a great number of us well... but don't be deceived. There are people who want to use the power of the US to accomplish their agenda. These agendas have nothing to do with making others free or prosperous.

Unfortunately, these people don't preach this philosophy openly. I tend to think W is sincere in wanting to free Iraq... a little naive going in maybe, but sincere.

OTOH, I think guys like Rumsfeld are very much addicted to power.