1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I think this applies here, today,,

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by donnA, Nov 3, 2008.

1. donnA

donnA Active Member

One of the most important things I have ever read outsdie the bible, that has meant the most to my life was something like this, talking about christians,
    you can say you believe anything, but what you do tells the truth of what you really believe.

If a christian says they do not approve of abortion, but votes for it anyway, what do they really believe?

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are a plethora of issues to consider before casting a vote. The abortion issue is one of them.

3. targus

targus New Member

Yes, Ken. Hopefully though a Christian would exhibit the fruits of the Spirit when voting and that would not include voting for a candidate that promotes the extermination of the precious life of the unborn and sometimes even the newly born.

Tell me, Ken, would the Holy Spirit move a Christian to vote for candidates that promote abortion?

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe that one can pretty much vote however one wishes without sinning(there might be a circumstance when it could be but I can't think of one off of the top of my head). I am sure that you disagree, targus, but that is my opinion.

5. targus

targus New Member

Yes, well you did not answer my question.

Would the Holy Spirit move a Christian to vote for a candidate that promotes abortion.

Is a Christian that votes for a candidate that promotes abortion exhibiting the Fruits of the Spirit?

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

Voting to approve partial birth abortion can not be done without sinning. Obama has said he will sign to allow partial birth abortion, voting for him is voting to allow babies to be stabbed in the head with scissors. Tell me that can be done with sin.

7. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

If a Christian thinks they are voting against abortion but really are not of what value is it? Furthermore, if they vote to continue an immoral war which is killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people are they really a Christian?

#7 JustChristian, Nov 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2008
  8. donnA

donnA Active Member

1. no, the Holy Spirit will not move a christian to vote to allow partial birth abortion.
    2.No, this shows a lack of the fruit of the Spirit.