1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I Think We Need to Study "Conversion"

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by skypair, Sep 24, 2007.

1. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

You are confusing the convicting work of God's spirit with conversion. You are confounding conversion with regeneration. And I believe you sometimes confuse justification and sanctifcation.

Rather, I have grown in my knowledge of Christ and His Scripture.

How am I judaizing, even in an applicable sense? How am I turning the grace of God in justification to revert back to the Law? Is it not rather you that confounds the teaching of justification by faith alone and makes faith a work and/or the object of our justification?

Somehow my meaning gets lost in the fray. I will reckon it to be my frailty in explaining myself well. The OT saints were justified in the same exact manner as we and it was the same exact faith. Yet, as the Hebrew author shows, not perfected apart from us.

What?

2. skypair

skypair Active Member

Well, someone on another board noted that unbelievers are never "filled" either so you are probably right.

I still find that "conversion" is "turning" and this repentance precedes regeneration. How could it be otherwise? Turning is the sign of belief, RB, whether unto salvation or "of sorrow ... not to be repented of," 2Cor 7:10. Then comes regeneration.

I can only hope that you weren't regenerated first because people like Simon Magus are "regenerated" to a difference god every day. But when it came time to receive the Spirit, he didn't and they don't. This is what gives me pause about PL not "seeing" or "entering" the kingdom yet -- saying it means heaven after we die. Anyone born again in the name of Christ sees and walks in the kingdom of heaven right now.

skypair

#42 skypair, Sep 29, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2007