1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I was at this game

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Andy T., Aug 8, 2007.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I have tickets coming via a friend for Aug 25ths Reds vs Marlins game. That night, Davey Concepcion's number will be retired. It's been interesting to hear sportscasters mention this and invariably Davey and the HOF come up.

One of the things I love about baseball on tv is hearing the announcers talk about stuff between pitches. You're getting editorial, etc. that can be quite entertaining from people who actually watch games. I've always enjoyed it.

2. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Let's not go down the Davey road again. ;)

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

But they are retiring his number, surely he belongs in with that on his resume ;)

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Hey, you were the one that kept bringing him up earlier :laugh:

I did bring up how the discussion comes up (weren't even Reds broadcasters) and how I love the fact that televised baseball, more than any other sport, allows for commentary on the game at large in ways that other sportcasts typically do not. Football is next, but there's just something I kinda like about hearing a sportscaster interrupt his editorial to say "Kendall fouls that into the seats" and then go right back to the discussion at hand. I enjoy it. Even like it better when Marty and Joe did it on the radio.

Nah...his already stellar resume needs no more bolstering ;)