1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured I was born this way...

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Skandelon, Nov 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winman

Winman Active Member

Yes, no man is born with a Marlboro in his mouth, but do men become addicted to cigarettes by willfully choosing to smoke?

No man is born with a bottle of Jack Daniels in his hand, but do men become addicted to alcohol by willfully choosing to drink?

So, this is just another false argument, a very poor one.

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

Baloney!

Jesus NEVER gave the Pharisees the impression they were sinless, Jesus condemned the Pharisees in the harshest language possible.

Mat 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
    14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
    15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
    16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!
    17 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?
    18 And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty.
    19 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift?
    20 Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon.
    21 And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein.
    22 And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon.
    23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
    24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
    25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
    26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
    27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
    28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
    29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
    30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
    31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
    32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
    33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
    34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
    35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
    36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
    37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
    38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
    39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Jesus called the Pharisees blind fools and hypocrites, children of hell, serpents and vipers!

Jesus NEVER gave the Pharisees the impression they were sinless. You need to study scripture instead of allowing people to mislead you with false doctrine.

Jesus was making the point that these "sinners" were Gods sheep. They were not created sinful, but had gone out in sin and become lost.

And even when they did sin and become lost, Jesus was teaching the Pharisees that he continued to love these lost persons and gave them great value.

God does not pass over sinners as Calvinism teaches, God would leave 99 just persons who need no repentance to go out and search for that one lost sheep.

The Pharisees despised these "sinners", Jesus loved them.

#62 Winman, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2013
  3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

4. Winman

Winman Active Member

5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

6. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

So, you agree that God determined that a homosexual is a homosexual...got it.

So, when they say, "I was born this way" or "God made me like this," you agree with them, right? You seem to to avoiding that inevitable affirmation.

7. Winman

Winman Active Member

8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

#68 Iconoclast, Nov 23, 2013
  9. Winman

Winman Active Member

The definitions of words seem to give you great difficulty. I can understand that, you being a Calvinist and all, words are very flexible to Calvinists.

But to be enlightened means to be taught, it means to acquire knowledge and understanding. It does not mean to be regenerated.

The word regenerated means to be made alive (generated) again (re).

The word of God teaches a man that he is a sinner, it convicts him of sin. It also teaches him that Jesus Christ is the Son of God who died for his sins and rose again, and that if he will trust Jesus Christ, then Jesus will regenerate him, make him to be born again. Of course this regeneration is absolutely supernatural.

But for a man to hear with his ears and learn is not supernatural at all, all men are born with this God-given ability.

Although I'm beginning to believe Calvinists might be an exception to this. :laugh:

#69 Winman, Nov 23, 2013
  10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Did you actually read my post? Here it is again.

I did not say Jesus called them righteous! Jesus called them hypocrites. But you are ignoring the fact that Jesus referred to them as the 99 sheep that "need no repentance".

You say the 99 are people in general who don't need to repent. Now that is baloney!

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are going to need some mustard in here with all the baloney being flung around.

12. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Give it to Winman. He has the real baloney! :laugh:

13. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, well I hope he has it in the skillet.

14. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

How about the toddler who smacks his brother because he has a toy he wants? That is a sin nature manifesting itself. It's going to come out. If there were no sin nature then someone would have been able to live a sinless life.

15. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Now Sissy, that's not their sinful nature coming forth. He's exerting his will on his younger brother so the next time he wants that toy, he'll just say "here you go." :laugh: :D :) :wavey:

16. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Thanks for clearing that up Willis! Now we have coercion! That's waaay better! Not sinful at all! LOL

17. Winman

Winman Active Member

That's the flesh. The flesh lusts. Jesus had lusts just like us. Lusts do not make you evil, it is when you transgress God's law to fulfill a lust that you sin.

Jesus was hungry in the wilderness, is that evil? NO, but if he had turned the stone into bread to fulfill his hunger he would have sinned.

It is wrong when a little child hits his brother or sister for a toy, but certainly not a sin. God does not hold little children who do not have a clear understanding between good and evil accountable.

Deu 1:39 Moreover your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, and your children, which in that day had no knowledge between good and evil, they shall go in thither, and unto them will I give it, and they shall possess it.

When the Jews sinned in the wilderness, God cursed them and said they would not enter the promised land. But God allowed the children to go in. Why? Because the children did not know between good and evil in that day.

So, God does not impute sin to little children who do not fully understand what they are doing.

Good thing, you wouldn't want little children going to hell would you?

18. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I agree that God determined in eternity past that they would be born (many of them) with a propensity to that particular sin.

Nobody avoids making the controversial claims less than I do. Try to be objective.

19. Winman

Winman Active Member

Boy Willis, you sure have changed. Here is what you believed a few years back

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?p=1671857#post1671857

You had a good head on your shoulders back then, I don't know what happened to you. Now you are starting to put multiple smiles in your posts like Iconoclast.

Is that what Calvinism does to the mind? Shame.

20. Inspector Javert

Inspector Javert Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.