1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I was raised a fundamental baptist

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by andy, Dec 19, 2003.

1. andy

andy New Member

I was raised a hell raising, window rattling,devil stomping no slacks no tracks no blacks KING JAMES VERSION ONLY FUNDAMENTAL BAPTIST. I guess if I were to define myself now I would say that I am a SOUTHERN Baptist. However, technically my church membership is in a Missouri Synod Lutheran Church and I like it a lot. I am also a five point calvinist and my favorite preacher is spurgeon. I guess that all makes me a bit of an enigma. I think it is unfair to not let me on the Baptist columns since I am no longer a Hyles clone Baptist. Squire says that I do not know what I am talking about. I would dispute that statement. I know a lot about fundamental baptists. I will admit one thing though, I have been out of the fundamental baptist galaxy (as squire would say) for over twenty years. So, a lot of my statements about fundamental baptists may not be true now that we are in the 21st century. The movement may have changed over the years.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

So, a lot of my statements about fundamental baptists may not be true now that we are in the 21st century. The movement may have changed over the years.

There's the key Andy. Hang around and read a variety of the postings. I was saved in 1974 and have been in fundamental Baptist churches ever since. I am still an IFB today, but if I could have looked at the 2003 Roger back in 1978 the 1978 Roger would have sworn that the 2003 (2004 almost) Roger was a rank screaming liberal and probably doubted R2004's salvation. I for one like the R2004 model a lot better than the R1978 model! R2004 has leaned a key element of Bible believing Christianity - balance. He is still learning, but God has wrought a mighty work.

Does this make any sense ;) :confused: ?

Roger (2004 version :D )

3. Psalm145 3

Psalm145 3 New Member

andy,
    When were you supernaturally born again by the Spirit of God?

I grew up going to a LCMS church, but then I got saved. They teach a false gospel. I just finished a web page on Lutheranism. Check it out, let me know what you think.

False Gospel of Lutheran Churches

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

4. IfbReformer

IfbReformer New Member

I am an IFB, but I believe your stance on this issue is wrong. Yes, the lutherans have added baptism to the salvation process.

But I do not believe their mistake in this area invalidates their salvation.

Their belief is based on a

Mark 16:16(NIV)
    "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."

Now we know and understand based on the New Testament take as a whole that Christ was not making Baptism a part of the salvation. After all, the thief on the cross was not baptized.

But I think we must distinguish between honest errors about the Gospel like this and ones like the Jehovah's witnesses and Mormons teach.

Baptism, whether infant or believers baptism, was considered extremely sacred and unfortunately part of the salvation process for most of the history of the church by most of the church.

This is an unfortunate mistake they made, but this does not condemn as they still trusted in Christ as their Savior as we do today.

I will not condemn Martin Luther, John Calvin, George Whitfield, Jonathan Edwards and many other infant baptizers to hell because they may have been mistaken in this area(as most held a similar position to Martin Luther).

IFBReformer

5. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fundamental baptists and change??!! Surely you jest!

6. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Couple of things, Andy.

Missouri synod is more liberal than the Wisconsin synod; but it's liberalism is way overshadowed by the liberalism of the ELCA.

What are Fundamental Baptists like in the 21st century? Depends on which independent Baptist you go to, much less which independent Baptist church.

Me, doesn't matter what century, I would have taken severe umbrage with your "no blacks" statement, especially in light of the scripture that says "there is neither Jew nor Greek."

And finally, Squire told you that you're not allowed to post in this area because these areas are for Baptists Only. There are several sections of the Baptist Board that are for Christians of all flavors; all the moderators and web master are asking is that you respect the rules and post in those areas.

Me, I see you as needing to make up your mind. Let me know which thread/area you want to post in, and I'll be happy to discuss what you believe and why.

7. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    As Don pointed out, this thread was started by a member who because of his denominational indetification is not authorized to post in this forum. As this thread exists and I don't like trying to unring a bell, I will not delete the thread. However, I am closing it.