1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I went to vote today, but...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by dragonfly, Oct 31, 2008.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

the lines were extremely long. I thought being early voting and being a work day I could vote in only a few minutes, but I was wrong. I decided not to wait, especially considering the choices for the presidency. I guess I will wait until Nov. 4th and deal with the lines then.

I talked to some workers at the library, where early voting was being held, and they said it has been like this since early voting started. Here in Texas we look to have a record turn out this election even though a McCain victory is pretty much assured.

2. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I voted Wednesday, and it took about 13-15 minutes waiting in line, which is at least twice as long as I expected.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I voted yesterday. Looks as if Johnson County will set a record for early voting.

I voted for two democrats and the rest were republicans.

4. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

It took me two hours the other day when I voted. I went ahead and stayed because I had the time and I'm not sure about election day.

Ron went today and the estimate was that long, so he decided to wait until Tuesday. We'll see what that ends up being - may be less with the massive turn outs ahead of time.

5. givengrace

givengrace New Member

Well I VOTED weeks ago. But I wanted to add and ask Are they closing Schools where you live? The schools are closed to students (and me cause I work on the bus!) I think it's a good idea They say it's because of parking as many schools are polling places. But I think it's Wise for security reasons.

6. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I am still in a quandary over my vote. I cannot vote for Obama, although I usually vote democrat. I don't particularly want to vote for McCain, although he is the better of the two candidates that will win the White House this election. To vote for Baldwin, who is the better candidate, seem to be helping Obama. The only consolation in voting for Baldwin is that Texas will no doubt cast its electoral votes for McCain and I would like to show some support for the Constitution Party.

I don't think the schools are closing although I don't know for sure. It's been years since my youngest child went to school and I don't keep up with their schedule.

#6 dragonfly, Oct 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2008
  7. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Public schools normally are closed here presidential election days.

Now one of the things I noticed when I voted was that the rec center I voted in had an after school - place was packed and kids were running around every where only minimally supervised and that bothered me - some were in rooms with no supervision.

8. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

45 minutes to an hour. Ack. I took a friend and we chatted the whole time while waiting.

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I voted absentee ballot. But I will spend 16 to 20 hours on election day working the polling station.