1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured I Will Give You 1 Guess?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Trying2DoRight, Jan 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trying2DoRight

Trying2DoRight New Member

You see James, the problem you have is that you believe you are more humble that I am. That is pride. You are proud that you are humble. I learned a long time ago. God has his own set of measurements and weights. And some day you are going to find out they are different than yours.

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't want to bring evil upon you - I was just asking a question and used your own format to ask it.

What I want to bring to you is an understanding that what faith is. One obeys commandments AFTER salvation because one loves God and wants to live in obedience to Him.

3. Trying2DoRight

Every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

4. Trying2DoRight

We shall see who the Lords accepts here...you or I. You are disobeying the commandments of God for women as it is...and you are either not aware of it or do not care. Which is it?

5. Trying2DoRight

This is a major major major problem that is going on in the Christian churches today. Women like this woman disobey the written word of God. 60 years ago this woman would not be speaking her mind to me and disrespecting an elder like she is doing here.

Take your bible, and look up the Book of 1st Timothy. Then go to Chapter 2. Scroll down till you come to these verses...

11: Let the woman learn in silence
    with all subjection.
    12: But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Tear this page out of your bible.

NOW WHEN EVER YO SEE A WOMAN trying to teach and usurp authority over a man...give it to her and ask here if she is required by God to obey this.

6. Gib

Gib Active Member

wait for it.....

7. Trying2DoRight

They should ban you. All you have done is trolled my threads.
    And try to cause trouble.

That is not anywhere near the Lord.

Not even close.

You do not know the Lord.

Your behavior is witness to that.

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

What about every word that proceeds out of your mouth?

Matthew 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
    37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

9. Trying2DoRight

I have notice that you have made yourself my adversary. Why?

10. Gib

Gib Active Member

Jesus discerned the hypocrisy of the Pharisees of his day, so too Christians are called to discern, to the extent we are able, true converts from false converts. I am a true convert.

Are you true or false?

Yes or no?

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It is your test. The adjective that you used describes your test and no doubt your intelligence as well.
    Does God reward your good works? That depends.

Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
    --The Lord says here that your "righteousnesses" or good works are as filthy rags. I don't believe filthy rags are a reward. But if you like I will send you as many as you want.:smilewinkgrin:

Romans 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
    --The Lord says you don't do good works.

Jeremiah 13:23 Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.
    --You can't do good works; it is not in your nature; you are not accustomed to it.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
    --How can you do good if your heart is deceitful and desperately wicked?
    The answer: You can't.

Thus your test is meaningless. God does not look upon any works as good. They are all evil. Not until one is saved and under the blood does the Lord even consider a work as good.
    After salvation one ought to be more concerned with "fruit" than "works."

12. Trying2DoRight

[questioning salvation of another child of God is forbidden]

#32 Trying2DoRight, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014
  13. Trying2DoRight

I have notice that you have made yourself my adversary. Why?

it is hard for me to believe they allow you to be a moderator on here much less letting you even be a member on here. if I was in charge I would ban you. All you do is try to keep people from repenting from sin.

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is a debate forum. I have yet to see you engage a person in honest intellectual debate.
    In my above post I just presented you with a list of scriptures that refutes your post.
    And, like a child, you cry that I am your enemy instead of answering the post.
    What's up with that?

15. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's a cute tactic. Oh, no. What ever will I say now? He's trapped me.

The difference between us is that I acknowledge my failures - my pride, my self centeredness, my fulfilled fleshly desires, my lack of self control, my total lack of anything which deserves God's favor.

The utmost humility was noticed by Christ:
    And He also told this parable to some people who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and viewed others with contempt

Sound like anyone around here ???

“Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.The Pharisee stood and was praying this to himself: ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.’

Sounds fair enough. After all, he was just Trying2DoRight, right ??

But the tax collector, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, the sinner!’ I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

It is not the one who's Trying2DoRight that is just in the sight of God. It is the one who is humble enough to throw himself upon the mercy of God. And that mercy is found in the blood of spotless Lamb of God

We'll all find out that some of our ways are different from God's. But there are many who are Trying2DoRight, and trust in themselves that they are righteous, who will find out that the righteousness of works keeping is nothing but filthy rags.

16. Trying2DoRight

I have noticed even if I were to say Jesus is Lord...you would be my adversary in some way.

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Lot's of people say Jesus is Lord. For what purpose and why do you say it, is a meaningful question. I know of unsaved people that say Jesus is Lord.

This is a debate forum. Expect your opinions and statements to be questioned.

18. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

T-minus 10, 9, 8.....

:wavey:

19. Gib

Gib Active Member

I say talking to you is like a bear playing with it's food. I'm the bear. rawr! :smilewinkgrin:

20. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

This bum is toast and outta here, or he better be. He just broke a major rule and said in a post that Brother Gib didn't know Jesus, therefore, questioning his salvation. It's already been reported by your's truly.

This is for "Trying2DoRight"--->:wavey: s'long....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.