1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I Will Stand.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Palatka51, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

And here it is.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. targus

targus New Member

The article you cite offers some reasons why Obama may not want to rush in to pass the Freedom of Choice Act.

Do you think that some Christians who voted for Obama knowing that he is a rabid obessive "kill em all" pro-abortionist may be trying to find a way to salve their guilt by speculating along this line?

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not aware of any Christians who voted for Barack who feel guilty about doing so. So if there are some I don't know them.

5. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

WOW! Thats not what HE says....According to HIM, this is first on His agenda....

From the official Barak website....

http://www.barackobama.com/2008/01/22/obama_statement_on_35th_annive.php

Or would you like to see the video, where He states it is the "FIRST" thing he will do as President?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf0XIRZSTt8

Howsa bout pulling your head out of the sand?

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

The article, like you, is saying this is what he said but is not quoting him saying it.

I also noticed this paragraph which makes me question the writes bias...

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

8. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

You can "think" whatever you like. But according to His own official policies on His own website, the passing of FOCA and unrestricted abortions is first on his agenda, not the economy or anything else.

BTW, why should he fear the pro lifers? They have obviously shown by electing him, they care more about entitlement programs than the life of children.

9. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

This can be wiped from his site in time but it will be archived here until this forum chooses to dump.

On this latter, you're too kind.... But what I'm thinking is not appropriate for this company.:laugh:

Great post Havensdad!

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

1. What's in his site was written before the economy crashed, "YA THINK?"

2. He doesn't fear the pro-lifers. That is who he was romancing at the planned parenthood meeting. The problem is like being an ultra-conservative, there is not enough support from that one base of people to put you in office. The moderates like me are who really decide elections and passing that bill wouldn't fair well with us.

11. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

You know..... I really don't care if you believe me or not.... but I followed almost every campaign speech the cipher gave.... and I heard a live airing where he stated that FOCA was one of the first on his agenda.

You know where I stand on his candidacy.... so you may attribute this posting to my bias..... which is true... If I had been for him, I wouldn't want to publish these things either.... and I might try to do what others do...... disbelieve and attack and demand everyone prove their 'charges' while I defend him......
    Well..... not me....

And a proctology exam might be in order for your health. Your hearing will improve and so will your vision.
    (I know I'm going to eat these words.... not exactly appetizing is it:laugh: )

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

:laugh: :laugh:

13. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Really? Because He has made it abundantly clear to anyone who has paid the least bit of attention to him, for the past year, that one of his primary goals was to push for completely unrestricted abortion "rights" throughout the full term of pregnancy.

And you elected him anyway. Guess your theory doesn't quite hold up, does it?:tonofbricks:

BTW, mark my words (Maybe I am a prophet?) by April of next year, the FOCA will be signed into law, and all those who voted for this murder enabler (i.e. accomplice) will have the blood of untold millions of babies on their hands. Add to this the two brand new, ultra liberal Supreme court Justices, and the dozens of Federal appointments, and we will see how all of y'all feel then.

14. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I think this is a great place to leave this, let's pick this back up in April where I will gladly accept your apology for your prophetic incorrectness... :thumbs:

15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Thats ok, your state gave us liberal Lyndon Baines Johnson, and inept liberal George W Bush. Since the way George Bush did his job is the reason Obama got elected, I suppose we can thank you for that also.

16. targus

targus New Member

How is it that all of a sudden the Obama supporters here are pretending that they didn't know where Obama stands on abortion?

17. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

So that is what it will take for you to open your eyes, wait until it becomes a law to stand against. The time to fight is now. You do not wait until the enemy has built a wall of defense to attack, you go after him while he is week. All the more important for us to go after this issue while he is focused on the economy.

18. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

First, Obama got elected because he is young, Charismatic, and a bunch of people from the "MTV generation" got out and voted for a rock star. Did anyone see where they were interviewing some of them, and they knew nothing of his actual policies?

Secondly, George Bush stopped TENS OF THOUSANDS of Baby murders...He passed a partial Birth abortion ban, vetoed the harvesting of Embryos for stem Cell research, and appointed Conservative supreme court Justices, as well as other federal judges, who upheld several laws restricting abortions...

Of course, Obama's "first priority", the FOCA, will render all of this progress null and void.

19. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Set'em straight Havensdad. Great post! :godisgood:

20. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

It's the same thing it took before we all realized Bush would increase the deficit and increase government more than any Dem has ever done. I have been through enough elections to know there is always a difference between campaign promises and what actually happens. You also saw me post in concern the Dems will get a filibuster proof congress. Since we don't have that, we have check and balance to keep things from going too far.