1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I Will Stand.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Palatka51, Nov 5, 2008.

1. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

I think it is time for Christians to become active locally in whatever party seems to best represent their idealogy: It is time to expect all persons running for office to answer questions about where they stand on issues like abortions. If they will not respond to a questionaire, then it is time to attend their campaigns and speaking events and ask them questions. Document their answers or their excuses and publish them so that others who do care may have this information available.

We need to hold their feet to the fire and not be taken aback by answers such as (I heard one say recently) "I consider that to be a personal and private issue which has no bearing on the functions of city councilman (or school board member/ county commissioner/ supervisor of elections, etc.)." Well, too bad! It is an issue for me as these are all entering positions to public service and a person unwilling to tell me his position is too unwilling to be transparent enough to garner my trust and support. He should apply for employment in the private sector.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

Too often small local elections like city council are overlooked when it comes to issues like abortion and homosexual marriage. Some think because it doesn't have anything to do with our tiny town it doesn't matter. but it does.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

I have not yet heard or read anything that suggests he approves of murdering born alive infants. This si what seperate obama from most anyone else.

4. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

I think it is time for pro life forces to stop slapping each other around and nit picking over the finer points. Our prayer is strong when we have agreement: When we judge each other over nuances which one see's and another does not.... we begin dividing our agreement, the power of prayer becomes broken, and competing for who is right and who isn't.... The discussion becomes filled with self pride and over importance.
    That is not as important.... who wins and who loses within the degrees of the pro-life camp as the importance of all to agree that God hates abortion and gives life.