1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I won’t honor Mexican flag, Texas teen says

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by freeatlast, Nov 23, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I can agree with that.

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

That's rather silly. If they were doing this regularly that's one thing, but it sounds like they were simply learning about other cultures and a great way to get a taste of another country is to listen to their anthem, see what their flag looks like, and hear any pledge they may recite.

Why on earth would anyone say it's unpatriotic to do so? It's fun and a learning experience. I remember when I was around 10 years old, we had a foreign exchange student in her teens come to our school from some foreign country, don't remember which but one of the very first things we did was sing the national anthem for our respective countries to each other as we walked down the road chatting. I tried singing hers and she tried singing mine and we had a blast laughing until our sides hurt.

Being patriotic doesn't mean we hate other countries and refuse to recognize their loyalties or learn about them. In fact, I think it goes against what our nation is all about when we start accusing people of ridiculous things like treason and such if they do so. That sounds like behavior one would expect if they lived in a communist country...being afraid to do, say, or learn anything that might be mistaken for not hating every other place in the world.

It's not a matter of loyalty. It's a matter of knowledge. They were asked to learn about another country and show what they learned. ONCE. Good grief people!

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I understand totally your liberal stand. :laugh:

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

You got me there, freeatlast! You've decided that not hating everyone who isn't an American and being for education makes one a liberal and hatred for other nations other than the U.S.A., along with promoting ignorance through lack of education, makes one a conservative.

So you win. I'm a liberal and you're a conservative. :thumbs:
    Fortunately for both of us, this means that if either a liberal or a conservative is called home to glory, the world will be a better place after that person is gone. I just won't tell you why. :laugh:

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I never said I was conservitive. And if you hate everyone who is not American, shame on you. I always thought liberals were uneducated as they make some of the dumbest moves and life choices. :laugh:

6. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Your definitions are as accurate as your spelling. Perhaps us here crazy librils are onta sumpin with this whole educayshun consept.