1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"I Won"

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On the campaign trail Obama said that he would not let lobbyists drown out the voices of America ( all though he has gone back on that now) and then he told the Republicans in a meeting " I Won" essentially drowning out the voices of Americans who oppose him. More hypocrisy from Obama.

2. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Just like in the campaign he tossed the reporters who's news papers supported McCain he is true to form in muting the dissension and opposition. Just a few more steps and he will be making Joseph Stalin very proud.

3. Jonathan

Jonathan Member
    Site Supporter

Elections have consequences. When conservatives swept into power in the 1994 elections, they came in with a very clear set of principles. In very short order, enough of them were seduced by the spoils of power and after the 2000 presidential election (especially after 9/11), domestic spending increased beyond what the Democrats had previously done. For 6 years, the GOP squelched its dwindling conservate core and replaced conservative principles with a culture of corruption.

2008 was not just about a public eager to elect the first black president. It was just the result of the public's rejection of a GOP that said one thing and increasingly did another.

I don't blame Obama for being Obama. I do blame Republicans for not being conservative.

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bolded mine
    A great big hearty AMEN to this!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: