1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I would really like to know what Baptist believe.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Iyyob, Sep 27, 2010.

1. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Cannot access the website you posted. Any hint of what you believe would help us for better understanding?

I would hope you know that being a Baptist never saved anyone, nor does any other church, or religion. The Baptist church does believe by the Grace of God, THROUGH faith we are saved. No Son of God, No salvation.

2. JohnHunton

JohnHunton New Member

You may have got lost in the Baptistt only section but please read

There is only one way to be saved that is to be born again Jesus explains this in John 3 3Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

There is only one way to approach Jesus that is to pray look at this Psalms 37 18The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. You must pray until with this broken Heart a broken heart because you are a sinner by birth

Romans 5 12Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
    Paul is speaking of the first man Adam and because he sinned in the garden we are all sinners.
    You must pray with faith that he is the only one who can help because there is no works that you can do to earn it

Ephesian 2 8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9Not of works, lest any man should boast

repeating prayers reading scripture and joining the Church and Shaking a mans hand wont do you must pray until Jesus is satisfied and He will let you know He spoke the world into existance and can speak to your Heart
    John 10 26But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

I dont know about the rest but for me i was affaid of dying I knew I was going to Hell so alone without anyone I prayed and begged God to save my soul I dont know how long I prayed But I know this while I WAS PRAYING ALL THE FEAR HURT SORROWS AND BURDENS WERE GONE and a Joy and peace filled my soul something I had never felt before came in and I know that I am saved. Remeber I said I was ALONE . When I was born from my mother I cant Remember but when I was 6 years old I had another birth I will never forget

Psalm 116

1I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.

2Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.

3The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow.

4Then called I upon the name of the LORD; O LORD, I beseech thee, deliver my soul.

5Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.

6The LORD preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me.

7Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the LORD hath dealt bountifully with thee.

8For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.

9I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If you look at the website, you can see there are two places where there should be a . instead of a / (before the "com" and before the "htm"), it will work.

4. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Is this addressed to me?

5. ituttut

ituttut New Member

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

7. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Again thanks. I am familiar with the various ways to make larger, however have not used the one on the board...Yet. Very easy to enlarge whole screen, and fonts using the control key with my wheel mouse. If the fonts are too large, I can only make out one or two letters, or numbers at a time, so really slows down my reading, and posting. Need a strong magnifying glass to read on the computer. Cannot read anything with one eye, and the other is about gone. I praise God every day that I can still read His Word. My hearing is just as bad as my eyes.

Age related Macular is greatly increasing as we are living longer. My mother also had, going home at the age of 96. This is a hereditary disease so I hope you keep in close contact with your Optical Doctor.

Quite a bowler, your Grandmother. Most with two good eyes cannot carry a 250 average. 299 was my highest score.
    Appreciate your thoughtfulness, and help.

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I know on my computer, I can also have the computer "read" to me. I wonder if you have that ability?? I use Safari on my Mac and it's under "Edit" and then "Speech". It's pretty cool although it DOES read everything on the page. :)

9. ituttut

ituttut New Member

I've received a double whammy. I have great difficulty hearing TV. Should be happy I still have a goodappetite.

10. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Checking out the link in your post, there is no doubt that this is indeed a false cult that has not the true saving gospel.

I hope these dear, unfortunate victims will flee this satanic counterfiet and embrace the true gospel of Jesus Christ.

11. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Well, AMEN to that!

12. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

ANN...

Thanks for the info about the "dots" (. . .) in the posted adress for the cults website. I couldnt figure out why I couldnt access it. I never would have noticed those dots being wrong.

You dont miss a thing, do you? :thumbs:

(...as opposed to myself, who stays in a perpetual state of confusion.) :tonofbricks:

13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

LOL - Maybe it shows that I'm on the internet too much?? :tongue3:

14. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I wonder if Safari does that on the PC . . .

15. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

It's been three weeks since our friend Iyyob has posted. Wonder where he went?

16. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

I was familiar with this group from over 20 years ago, when I was a would-be sabbathkeeper.

Hyper-hyper Armstrongism, basically.