1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IAEA Report Says Iran Has Bomb Plans

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Enoch, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Fox News

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The key paragraph in the story:

"The document was given to Iran by members of the nuclear black market network, the IAEA said. Iran has claimed it did not ask for the document but was given it anyway as part of other black market purchases."

3. elijah_lives

elijah_lives New Member

I'm sure many a politician has tried that argument -- "I didn't ask for the money, it was just given to me." These are not the actions of a peaceful nation, trying to develop peaceful uses for nuclear technology.

4. elijah_lives

elijah_lives New Member

Here's some related news out this morning:

Nuke Tests In Iran?

(CBS/AP) Experiments with high explosives, possibly linked to future nuclear weapons tests, were carried out as recently as 2003 in Iran, sources tell CBS News.

International Atomic Energy Agency analysts said they suspect the experiments took place at a huge military complex south of Tehran. Inspectors were permitted only one visit, and saw only part of the site, reports CBS News correspondent Sheila MacVicar.

The timing, shape, and composition of HE detonations is critical to initiating a nuclear-explosive blast that doesn't fizzle (This is Elijah speaking, not the article). One may either rely upon computer simulations (and we know how wrong models can be), or through physical tests. Looks like Iran has chosen the latter, and it is NOT consistent with the production of nuclear power.