1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Idaho is hard up for heroes

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Magnetic Poles, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Larry Craig is chosen for Idaho Hall of Fame.

CLICK HERE

2. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

Three points:

1) I disagree with homosexual behavior. It's unnatural and self-destructive and my heart breaks for the people who inflict that kind of damage on themselves needlessly.

2) I would be totally comfortable with Craig keeping his private life just that if he hadn't demanded a different standard of others. It's like when Democrats cheat on their taxes... it bothers me more than when Republicans do so. Hypocrisy is repulsive be it in immoral social conservatives or greedy liberals. Given his stance on regulating sex, I do think he should be given the boot while admittedly I would not feel the same if he was a Democrat.

3) I found this to be true:

I find it sad to throw out everything the man has done based on his recent mistakes. Despite the fact that I don't approve of his lifestyle the man was probably a decent legislator in other areas.

Just my two cents. :)

#2 Ivon Denosovich, Oct 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2007
  3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

And I tend to agree. It would have been nice though, if he had given President Clinton the same consideration during Monicagate. You know what they say about those who live in glass houses.

4. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

I agree with your point about the Republicans who villified Clinton. Many of the high profile pubs that slammed him have now admitted to extramarital affairs themselves including Hyde, Gingrich, and Dole.

Though in all fairness, I supported impeaching him Clinton for perjury but not for his sexual liasons.