1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ideas for a song for service?

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by Sopranette, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

Thanks, again! I've asked to do "A Mighty Fortress". Hopefully, I can get one of the tenors to do a duet, but I don't know if any of ours have a "feel" for this type of music. The choir director says they DO do a cappella sometimes, but the only song I've ever heard them do was a quartet, doing what seems like Christian do-wop. No kidding! Our main tenor has kind of a lilting voice, very nice, but this song is quite stiff. Wish me luck!

love,

Sopranette

2. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

I hope it goes well for you!

Jimmy and I have to sing often at church and I always lean toward a capella. I think the songs people have enjoyed the most are On Top of Mt. Zion, The Old Ship of Zion, Look What I've Traded for a Mansion and A Vision of Heaven. Oddly enough, they all deal with Heaven. It seems like those are the ones that really get people thinking and they really soften hearts before the message.