1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If 10% of population is gay... then 90% of sinners are straight. Why judge gays?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Michael111, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Sean Van Pelt

Sean Van Pelt New Member

Okay,first of all Billy Graham made a statement several years ago that was true then and, in my opinion is true today as well.He said that if God dosen't judge America He will have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah.He was right and, God's Word is right! I think that it may be more prudent to preach out against homosexuality under the Biblical topic of "Sexual Sin" which would include but not exclude the sin of homosexuality. Now, I'm just a simple "Preacher Boy"I have never preached out against the sin of homosexuality standing alone but rather preached out against all types and kinds of sexual sin as they are listed in God's Word. ALL SEXUAL SIN IS PERVERSION AND SINFUL IN THE SIGHT OF GOD! Now mame I don't judge folks! I don't have to God's does that not me! Why is it that folks get so mad when the Preacher calls out their sin? And by the way if man would judge themselves God wouldn't have to! And I really don't think that God gives a holy hoot about some poll conducted and taken by a bunch of queers who don't give a flip about God or the things of God! 10-20-30% who really cares?! Get SAVED ya dirty sinner (and that statement is NOT directed to anyone person on this message board). Amen.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Homosexuality is condemned, while heterosexuality outside of marriage is somehow tolerated, or overlooked in our corrupt society as "normal" or "O.K."

Homesexuality can not be "justified" by "adultery".

No attempt is made to "justifiy adultery" by the sin of "disrespect to Parents" and neither can sin-A be justified by the occurance of sin-B.

However you see that all the time with homosexuality - why?

Basically Lev 18 presents homosexuality as "one of the sins" for which God will wipeout a nation - even a godless pagan nation.

Think about it.

In Christ,

Bob

3. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

What is homosexual behavior if it is not sexual immorality?

Isn't unrepented sexual immorality one of the criteria that blocks entrance into heaven?

Therefore, those who engage in homosexual activity of any form and do not repent from it shall not enter into heaven. Wow! that is simple isn't it?

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Casual interaction between, for example, two males, who like each other as I would like a female, is homosexual behavior, but is not in and of itself immoral (though that is biblically debatable). I have been on many dates with women and have had no physical contact of any kind, hence there was no sexual contact. The same would, imo, apply to two males or two females.

What is biblically clear is that sex between two people of the same gender is forbidden. That applies not only to a homosexual, but to a heterosexual as well.

There are different interpretation on the subject. The Bible does exemplify some sins, but the bible also referrs to all unrepented sin as being a hinderence to grace. Likewise, all of us sin, and none of us have fully repented of every sin we've committed. The bible lists several sins as abominations (such as lying, sowing discord among the brethren, etc). So either all of us Christians are barred from heaven, or none of us are. Before we tackle that subject, we as Christians must acknowlege that each of us is a sinner, and that each of us has sins that are not yet repented of.

The Bible is specific to the engagement of same gender sex. Let's leave it at that and leave the rest up to God.

5. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

Casual interaction between, for example, two males, who like each other as I would like a female, is homosexual behavior, but is not in and of itself immoral (though that is biblically debatable). I have been on many dates with women and have had no physical contact of any kind, hence there was no sexual contact. The same would, imo, apply to two males or two females.

What is biblically clear is that sex between two people of the same gender is forbidden. That applies not only to a homosexual, but to a heterosexual as well.</font>[/QUOTE]By its name, Homosexual means same-sex sex. Therefore homosexual activity is the term that describes same-sex sex.

That said, my response to this part of your post is: Depends on what you include in your definition of "casual interaction". If you include holding hands, walking arm-in-arm, dancing, and other non-sexual contact I agree. However, if you include open mouth-to-mouth, mouth to genital, hand to genital, and genital to genital contact, then I do not agree. Even two or more persons of the same sex sharing a home or apartment does not automatically imply homosexual activity is taking place between the parties.
    There are different interpretation on the subject. The Bible does exemplify some sins, but the bible also referrs to all unrepented sin as being a hinderence to grace. Likewise, all of us sin, and none of us have fully repented of every sin we've committed. The bible lists several sins as abominations (such as lying, sowing discord among the brethren, etc). So either all of us Christians are barred from heaven, or none of us are. Before we tackle that subject, we as Christians must acknowlege that each of us is a sinner, and that each of us has sins that are not yet repented of.</font>[/QUOTE]Now I don't believe the discussion is on sin in general but rather on specific sins. So, Sexual immorality in all of its forms remains sexual immorality, a category of sins that scriptures tell us keeps the unrepentant one out of heaven.

Granted, unrepented sin of any ilk does inhibit our acceptance of God's graciousness toward us. If one commits a sin and does not commit that sin again, that is sin repented from. However if you are including all sins under the term repentance, you are correct, not one person has repented from sinning, we ALL remain capable of sinning at a moments notice. That is why God allows us to confess our sins to receive forgiveness while He continues to behave in accordance with His Grace. Should God withhold his Grace from us for even one day, we would all receive the wage for our sins which is death. Our first sin of the day would be our last for eternity.

The Bible is specific to the engagement of same gender sex. Let's leave it at that and leave the rest up to God.</font>[/QUOTE]OK! So long as you acknowledge that homosexual activity in all of its forms is sexual immorality!

6. Eladar

Eladar New Member

There is a difference between calling sin a sin and judging others.

The title of this thread doesn't make any sense.

7. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

There is a difference between calling sin a sin and judging others.

The title of this thread doesn't make any sense.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Tuor, We do not judge gays, God's word has already judged homosexual behavior. Therefore, those who willingly engage in such behavior condemn themselves.

8. Eladar

Eladar New Member

The logic makes sense, but I prefer to not make negative judgements of non-Christians.

1 Corinthians 5:11-13

But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler--not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? But those who are outside, God judges. REMOVE THE WICKED MAN FROM AMONG YOURSELVES.

9. CatholicConvert

CatholicConvert New Member

Why do we judge a particular sin so harshly?

Because there are degrees of sin. Taking a paper clip is theft, but it is not on the same level of culpability as running a scam on old people and taking the last of their life savings.

What does GOD (remember HIM???) say about this:

Boy!! What a perfect description of America today!!! THIS is what you want us to become?

If the Church does not condemn sodomites from the pulpit, they will continue to promote without opposition their sinful and deviant ways.

In this world, there are always two groups evangelizing -- the sinners and the Church. These sodomites work tirelessly to make recruits. They have infiltrated the media and airwaves, and through the use of sympathetic lackys, make sodomites look sympathetic. Just normal folks, ya know. The design, of course, is to get teenagers who may be confused about their sexuality to think "Well, perhaps this isn't so bad after all".

Recruit recruit recruit.

Someone has to tell the world that this is SIN!!!!

THAT is the job of the Church and of individual Christians. We need to stand up.

10. thessalonian

thessalonian New Member

I don't. God will. I mearly wish to make the meating between the homosexual and God a bit more amicable. It is there that the homosexual won't be able to insist he is correct in the face of reason and God's Holy Word.

Blessings

11. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

Abraham tried doing that with God, remember the outcome?

12. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

By the way, I don't remember reading anywhere that God sent evangelists into Sodom and Gomorrah to even warn them of what was coming.

Be forewarned that Sodom and Gomorrah was meant to be a warning to all who engage in such depravity.

13. thessalonian

thessalonian New Member

Abraham tried doing that with God, remember the outcome? </font>[/QUOTE]What is your point? Do you say that we are not supposed to try to bring the homosexual to repentence? That the Gospel is not for him? I hope not.

14. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

No that is not my point.

God has already made the point for all unrepentant sinners, especially those who "force themselves on others" as the Sodomites and Gomorrites did.

We are to be the road signs warning those of their abhorent sins, Telling them of God's justice, and inviting them to repent. I don't find in scripture where we are to do battle with them, as that would be the easy way to irradicate that form of sin. But let him who is without sin cast the first stone.......I don't see any stones being tossed!

That is my point. It is not up to us for God has better methods. He separates the sheep from the Goats then casts the goats into the lake of fire.

15. thessalonian

thessalonian New Member

Still missing what was wrong with my post. I did not say that they, if they have not repented will not be among the goats. I have not said that we should do battle with them.

16. Johnv

Johnv New Member

You know what? I'm going to have to disagree with that. Taking a paper clip is stealing. Stealing is a violation of the Ten Commandments. The dollar value of the item taken does not make it less of a sin. Why? Because the sinful nature that we give in to is the same, whether we steal a paper clip or a car. Having different degrees of theft does not equate to different degrees of sin. The degree of sin is not contingent upon restitution required to right a wrong. When we think otherwise, we start a slipper slope of minimizing some sin over others. When we minimize our sin, it becomes easier for us to repeat the sinful act.

17. thessalonian

thessalonian New Member

Johnv

Not to minmize anything but I have to disagree with you and agree with the Bible John.

"If any man see his brother sin a sin [which is] not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it. All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death." - 1 John 5:16-17

"Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the GREATER sin." - John 19:11

"And the Lord said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous..." - Genesis 18:20

"Then Abimelech called Abraham, and said unto him, What hast thou done unto us? and what have I offended thee, that thou hast brought on me and on my kingdom a great sin? thou hast done deeds unto me that ought not to be done." - Genesis 20:9

for starters.

18. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

Thessalonian,
    It seems the scriptures you posted are saying that since the minority sinneth one way and the majority sinneth a different way that the majority has the right to judge the sin of the minority. Therefore, the less than 10% of the population that are "gay" are legal targets for the judgement and wrath of the greater than 90% that are not "gay".

So then, It is biblical that the gays are persecuted for their sins!

Of course you're not saying that. but that is one way of taking the scriptures you posted.

Conversely, the secular world could, and does use that same logic to persecute the believer in Jesus.

19. thessalonian

thessalonian New Member

huh? :confused: