1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If God Were Taken To Court?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by preacher4truth, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Winman

Winman Active Member

double post

#21 Winman, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2011
  2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

I accept criticism.

There was no attempt to say he spoke from utter ignorance, but that what he said was utter ignorance.

This fellow is an apostate. Nothing less.

His hatred is fueled by his own sin, not by what he has been taught. That's just your excuse for him, not his. He is responsible for his actions, not his professors. I feel you want to glory a little to blame Calvinism. He is in bitterness and gall, and he needs to accept responsibility for himself. You need to admit the same.

Part of your liking and interest of all of this is your own personal hatred of Calvinist belief Winman.

#22 preacher4truth, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2011
  3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Putting your trust in God is limiting from a worldly view. For example, if I put my trust in God I cant do bad stuff & that lines my pocket, & it makes me happy.....your taking away my ability to be a scoundrel.

4. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Since it has been a few days since the last posting, I'll just throw this in.

If you were on trial for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?

5. preacher4truth

If it had gone as far as to trial, I'd say said person would be condemned as guilty. This world has animosity toward truth, and hostility toward virtue.

How about you?

6. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

1. Luther was volatile, no doubt about it, much like Peter.

2. He was given to extreme swings of opinion. This extreme was not motivated by racism, but by his personal frustration at trying to convert Jews which preceded his anti-jewish rants by some time.

3. Luther's biggest contribution to the Nazi's was not his hatred of Jews, but his failure to formalize a sound biblical doctrine on the relationship between the Church and State, as Calvin had done (namely, that the king must answer to the King of kings, providing the basis for Godly government). Luther's opinions were inconsistent and sometimes self-contradictory. For example, Luther seemed at one time to promote the violent overthrow of certain governments, while strongly condemning other such efforts). The Lutheran Church eventually took a decidedly anti-involvement approach to government (as opposed to the Calvinists, who promoted direct involvement, while maintaining separation of spheres or functions of Church and State). It was this anti-involvement posture provided Hitler the advantage he required. The 20th century Lutheran Church was generally opposed to Hitler's plans, but would speak sheepishly against it, not for fear of Hitler, but for fear of breaking their own tradition of silence on political matters. Bonhoeffer tried to set the Lutherans right, but he was passed over. Of course, we now know him to have been the voice of truth in the time (although I personally believe he stepped over the line when he actively participated in the plot to kill Hitler).

There are lessons for America in Germany's story. The President and Congress and Courts must answer to a higher authority. The Lord Jesus Christ is the only most holy and high potentate worthy of supreme authority. But because our political system has put their rightful subservience to that Authority aside, doom is bound to come.

7. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

preacherfortruth: Yes, you are right. Self-Worshiping man does not hate a god that is loves them no matter what, but they hate God who casts the sinners into Hell.

8. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some would, but I wouldn’t, because I know everything He did in creating His creatures had to do with His righteous judgment and allows for His plan to show the world true and Holy Love.

Agree, men want to be as gods, to be judges of their own works, but they fall short of perfection (sin) in their knowledge to judge between good and evil, and they are too proud to accept His sovereignty as it really is.

Again I agree, some will not freely let go of wanting to be little gods, they understand His sovereignty throughout creation to involve something else other than love and therefore can’t find it within themselves to freely love Him back.

9. preacher4truth

I wouldn't venture to say any person will or even can love God until said person is born-gain. Too many Scriptures point to mans darkened hearts, hostile minds, wicked works, under wrath, obeying satan as disobedient children, dead in sins, corrupted, lost, without hope, and that mankind is at enmity with God &c.

They then can't find it within themselves as you say, because it is not there.

- Peace

10. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe all those Words (scripture) are to draw men to the Truth that He is Love.

No argument there...

Big day, off to work....peace.

#30 Benjamin, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2011