1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured If I Was President

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Think bigger ... there is much that could be cut from states without touching their entitlements ... and those things would hurt and it would not be unconstitutional. You can figure out what they are I am sure.

So you want the military to be a militia, is that right?

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    NO- the miltary and Navy are an authorized mission of the Constitution.

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no argument with you on that one. It was TND that I was wondering about because of the way he responded.

His thinking is much too narrow. So much could be cut other than entitlements.

4. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's time to think seriously of secession anyway. Another leftist judge has ruled Texas' definition of marriage-- one man, one woman-- is unconstitutional.

5. thisnumbersdisconnected

I'm sorry, you're going to have to enlighten me, 'cause I'm not pickin' up what you're layin' down.
    There is no way any reasonable human being could come to the conclusion that I said anything about letting the military become a militia. That's laughable.

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The only president who has been able to totally avoid his oath is lawless Barak Obama. Unless you are black or half black you would not be able to accomplish your vicious retribution against those who disagree with you as he does.

I know, given 5 years of Obama and dirty Harry Reid, that it is difficult to believe we are a free country but in 2016 we all will be able to shout: Free at last, Free at last, Thank God A]lmighty, Free at last!

7. OldRegular

Not really!
    If you were president I would leave the country!

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, CBT, if you were president, we would be in the same economic pickle we are now. For much the same reasons.

Obama is an economic illiterate. The tax revenue would be flowing in if he'd initiate policies that create jobs. Instead , he institutes policy after policy that kills them. If not for his dunderheaded policies and spending of trillions of dollars on new social programs, we wouldn't be looking at so many cuts. Maybe none at all.

By not supporting the creation of jobs, he has put millions of people of food stamps and other government subsidies, compounding the problem even further. More outgo. Even less income taxes.

Obama is an economic dolt. As an Obama sycophant, we could hardly expect you to do any better.

Any cuts he tries to make aimed at the states will be tailored to punish red states disproportionately, if not exclusively. He's that kind of guy. Small minded, vindictive, and mean.

9. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I were president, the first thing I would do would be to appoint about two dozen special prosecutors to address various legal violations and scandals I the Obama administration and in Congress.

Next, I would sign an executive order nullifying all of Obama's executive orders.

Third, while I would not have the authority to abolish federal departments, agencies, or programs, I would have the authority to order them to suspend operations and would do so.

Fourth, I would make the enforcement of immigration laws and the protection of our borders a top priority.

Fifth, I would go to Israel and apologize and pledge our support in their fight for survival.

Sixth, I would gather business leaders and ask them what the government can do, within the bounds of the Constitution, of course, to make the United States a more attractive business climate and help them to grow.

Seventh, I would propose an across the board 12% income tax.

Eighth, I would direct all cabinet and agency leaders under my authority to privatize any positions that could be privatized.

Ninth, I would issue an edict making Rod Bramblett's "Kick, Bama, Kick!" call our new national anthem.

#29 JohnDeereFan, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
  10. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mostly in agreement with your post, would probably vote for you if you at least included addressing the BILLIONS misappropriated and unaccounted for during the Bush/Cheney administration; and...:

....seriously rethink who it is that is actually fighting for their survival, and who it is we owe an apology to.

#30 kyredneck, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
  11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dont be too hasty - there could be some EO's that actually may have been good decisions

1) not all at once - = massive unempoyment 2) Some depts are actually necessary

Agree!:thumbsup:

Still thinking about it.
    Not just business leaders, but other leaders as well -

I would do away with income tax and implement the automatic Electronic tax - less than 1%
    Just use caution doing so
    Negative

12. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am sorry to say this but it is Dingy Harry Reid--Dirty Harry was a good guy.

13. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Such as...?

That's a chance I would be willing to take for two reasons. The first is that I believe that would be offset by hiring in the private sector as the result of other policy changes.

The second is that, sad as unemployment is, it's simply not the government's job to be an employment agency.

And besides, if those furloughed workers aren't skilled enough to make them attractive to other employers, then why are we employing them?

Like what?

I would be open to other ideas.

Why?

14. OldRegular

You don't want to pick up what CTB lays down, unless you let it dry out first!

15. OldRegular

I did not want to be accused of listening to Rush so i used "dirty" instead. This guy hooked with Obama is destroying the country. He is the daddy of Obamacare.

16. thisnumbersdisconnected

[​IMG]

Man, ain't that the truth!

17. OldRegular

If I were {not was} president I would close down every abortuary in the country and station a few Marines to make sure they stayed closed. If the Federal Courts issued a restraining order, which I doubt, I would tell them the same thing President Jackson told Chief Justice Marshall. The right to slaughter the unborn child is not the law of the land it is the decree of seven evil black-robed men and has led to the slaughter of over 56,000,000 unborn or just born children.

18. OldRegular

It would be unconstitutional but that is no problem for the leftists!

19. OldRegular

In the above statement you see expressed the dream of the left, eliminate all state governments elected by the people and replace them with an appointed official who think like CTB!

20. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We certainly do not need to cut everything else in order to save entitlements. That would be idiocy. The way entitlements are being used they are unsustainable.