1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If I Was U.S. President, This What I'd Do.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by eightball, Jan 9, 2008.

1. eightball

eightball New Member

If I could be Prez..........first thing I'd work hard at is dissolving the IRS, and going to a Federal consumer sales tax, but only on non-food items, and also excluding prescription and non-prescription medications. Foods, and not meds could not be taxed except by states.

Vehicle registrations would never be based on mileage driven, but strictly be a flat tax according to the original purchase price, and then scaled downward by depreciation.

No death tax!!! Cut the Capital Gains Tax rate on selling your home.

Divide Iraq into three distinct provinces under the mandate or control of a central government. Much like three states, that are pretty much ethnically or divided. Isolate frictional groups, giving them powers to determine their own civil laws within their state borders, not exceeding the moral, ethical mandates of a central Iraqi constitution.

Also, there would still be one Iraq military force under the country's Central government's control, that would be the result of mandatory military induction, not unlike Israel's system. This would include both male and female inductees. None of the three provinces/states would be exempt from giving equal representation in this armed force. They would also have a standing reserve military derived from those that finish their active service. All would swear allegiance to a unified Iraq, with solid, distinct borders, under one Central government over all three provinces/states.

The U.S. would receive Oil sales revenues from Iraq as repayment for military and infrastructure tax payer money that the U.S. spent from day one of the invasion and defeat of Sadaam's regime until our military presence and help is basically ended ended. This also includes the costs of our naval presence in the Persian guld as a buffer force to hold off, Iran.
    U.S. Borders: We will pickup building that wall and it won't be a shortened version, but will start at the Pacific shore and continue through Arizona, right on into Texas. It will be state of the art, it will be manned by a force of agents that are not governed by P.C. regulations, but will actively protect or maintain it's integrity. Any agent that injures or kills a person trying to illegal cross our border will be given a fair hearing.

We will allow for the old California Bracero or AG worker program of Mexican workers coming into the states to work the Ag. fields of any states, under strict supervision via entry visas that are monitored. There will be a seasonal time for their entry into the states that coincides with crop work, and then they may take their precious Yankee dollars home and live like kings in their homeland.

Bracero's will not be treated like chattel, but will be treated under U.S. labor relations safety and health regulations. U.S. employers, will be harshly disciplined for any infraction of labor law against these workers. These workers will contribute to mandatory state comp insurance. Any job incurred injuries will be cared for to these workers according to State Comp regulations given to U.S., or state citizens. Temporary health benefits will be mandatory for Bracero's and families while working in the U.S., but must be funded by the employers or Bracero-employees or both according to the normal medical insurance premium practices. There will be no workers entering emergency rooms or labor rooms without health insurance cars. If they do not have them, they will be deemed non-working and deported after merciful, ethical medical attention is provided, and they are able to travel to their homeland under supervision.

When the Ag. season is over, all workers and families will have a reasonable amount of time to vacate the U.S. and return to their home country to reside, and live on the benefits of our bountiful nation. They will not be criminals, but will be, visa'd workers.

If any visa's workers commit a felonous act while in the U.S. they will immediately be deported and will lose their privelege to re-enter the U.S. for Ag work purposes.

Also, as president, I would require the re-instatement of the very strict health screening of all immigrants and visa'd foreigners, which includes foreign Ag workers from the South border. No one will be allowed to enter our borders with TB, or an viral conditions. In fact a mandatory health screening must be done by U.S. officials with blood tests, etc. with temporary quarantining periods.

Our country at present is being invaded by new foreign strains of treatment resistant T.B. and Hepatitus, and we are possibly in for a pandemic if we don't get serious about this laxity at the border.

The Ellis Island approach to entry into the U.S. that my grand parents endured was not the easiest for them, but documentation and health screening was adamantly important back then.

Even the great Swine Flu of the early 1900's that killed millions worldwide, didn't reach the U.S. until our WW1 American and Canadian soldiers brought it back from Europe. My grandmother died in that terrible flu pandemic that was nothing like the headache, fever, and chest cough we call, "terrible" nowadays. This flu killed people within a few days of contracting it. It was nothing like we've had since.
    Schools: I grew up in an elementary school that was majority Anglo, but had a few Hispanic, and Asia kids too. All of us were expected to communicate to our teacher in english, and not our native tongue of birth. That included, any conversing amongst ourselves while on the school grounds.

One common language is one of the greatest, "boons" to any country. Communication, breaks through nasty old cultural barriers that divide people. It doesn't rob people of ethnic history or pride in culture or race, but does break down those invisible boundarys of discrimination that develop when one group can't adequately meld into the majority in the area of commerce, labor, business, and social/ethical/religious harmony for the overall good of the whole community.

As President, I would mandate that all children that are unproficient in english would have to be placed in school classes that accellerate their learning english. Their parents would also be informed that they must make strides at home to push english within with their children. This is not cruel or unusual, as the immigrants to our shores from Europe that came by the millions back in the late 1800's and early 1900's without much variation made their kids learn the english language out of necessity for the survival of their children in this new free society. These were not college educated academicians, but simple people that had more wisdom that ten professors of social culture, combined. They knew intuitively, that survival in a foreign land would be maxed, if you were proficient with its "tongue". As a result, both of my parents who came from foreign born, Swedish parents, were made to speak english in their home. This made entering the school system so much easier and allowed my parents to florish educationally along with the multi-generational American kids.
    As President, any city that mandates or makes laws to "safe habor" law breakers of any kind. i.e. govermental protesters, draft dodgers, awol military folks, illegal drug users..I.e. medical marijuana clinics/users, war protesters, Illegal aliens,", will immediately lose all Federal government funding in all areas, until the, "secession or country within a country movement" is revoked or rescinded by officials of that city and proven to be absent by Federal inspection.
    Police will be allowed more liberality to stop possible people who meet certain criteria that are deemed a danger to society. Along with that liberality, law inforcement will be held to a high standard of conduct in addressing these people, as they will be assumed to be U.S. citizens unless otherwise known factually.

Ethnicity will continue to be respected and part of the U.S. culture, but ethnicity for the sake of forming enclaves of purposeful resentment, misunderstanding and anti-American foment will not be allowed, or deportation will be the end result in extreme cases.
    I'm done with my basic platform.......now put the Hitler mustache on me for those that don't get it or think I'm too radical.

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

If I were president I'd just follow the constitution. That would of course mean you'd never be in my administration. :smilewinkgrin:

3. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

I agree, no death tax or property tax.

Mileage shouldn't even be considered even on classic vehicles.

People should have to show their proof of insurance to renew their drivers licence.
    Also, renewing your plates every five years would be better.

What about diplomatic immunity? That would be repealed right?

Anyone that comes to America and commits murder, rape or armed assault receives the death penalty.

I agree, a second language isn't needed.

I'm not sure letting the police decide that a person fits the profile is a good idea.

Do you mean protesters that break laws, not lawful protesters?

I don't believe in drafting people to the military.

Depending on why they are AWOL.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where in the world is vehicle registration based on Mileage? Sounds like "you drive your car to much" tax.

#4 Revmitchell, Jan 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2008
  5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

There will be a mileage tax tracked through onboard computers and Onstar or something like it, probably show up first as a global carbon tax. Believe it now or when you get the first montly bill.

6. Bob Farnaby

Bob Farnaby Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not exactly a Registration fee, but here in Australia roughly half the price of petrolium fuels (gas to the americans,) is some kind of government tax, so the more you use the more tax you pay, a mixture of car size and milage tax.

Regards
    Bob

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have taxes on fuel. The amount varies throughout the US. They include local, State and National. The oil profits pale in comparison to taxes.

8. eightball

eightball New Member

"Do you mean protesters that break laws, not lawful protesters?" Yes. No safe harbor for the law breaking variety.

9. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

It all sounds so simple and easy sitting behind a computer screen.

10. eightball

eightball New Member

Why, of course! :smilewinkgrin:

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

First thing I would do is everything in my power to eliminate the murder of our unborn. That should take precedence over ANY issue.

12. eightball

eightball New Member

Oh Yes! Very important, and excellent point!:thumbs:

Now, remember that you will really have your work cut out for you getting those Supreme Court nominee's that are Pro-Life, accepted by a very hostile Congress, that has a Democratic majority in both houses. :BangHead: :tonofbricks: :praying: