1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If I were a dictator......

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Crabtownboy, May 16, 2013.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    “If I were a dictator, religion and state would be separate. I swear by my religion. I will die for it. But it is my personal affair. The state has nothing to do with it. The state would look after your secular welfare, health, communications, foreign relations, currency and so on, but not your or my religion. That is everybody's personal concern!”

Mahatma Gandhi

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    but is religion and state completely separate.

some religions do not believe in bright colors - but they are made to use them on their horse and buggies.
    Some believe in handling snakes - but the govt has outlawed it
    some believe it is against the Bible to have a blood transfusion - yet their children are forced to have one.
    some believe in spanking their children - yet CPS may take your kids if you do.

3. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

I would go mad with the intoxicating wonder of unlimited power.....:tonofbricks:

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton said:

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

Most people remember the part about absolute power, but not the entire quote.