1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If I were the Devil (by Paul Harvey)

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by LadyEagle, Jun 26, 2003.

1. Iakobos

Iakobos Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent additions, NarrowWay. Might I add:

-I would cause people who call themselves Christians to divide into separate camps, lob hateful insults at each other like non-Christians have never seen, try to tag each other with stereotypical labels, and then wonder why the average person on the street won't come to their church services.

-I would cause many Christians who do not consider themselves members of either of the two major camps to have aching hearts at the display put on by their brothers and sisters and to wring their hands at the thought of being chastised for not wearing the uniform of either camp.

-I would cause the Christian camps not to accept any middle ground. I would place in their hearts the idea that compromise is only for the weak and there is no such thing as a valley of peace that the warriors in the high peaks can meet in.

-I would cause Christians' family members who are lost to feel slightly uncomfortable around their saved loved ones. I would definitely make the lost family member the hardest to witness to.

-I would make Christians forget that it is just as important, if not more so, to display the love of Christ through actions as much as words.

I thank God that this world is not my own, but I also ask for His strength because I have to live in it.

Fellowship Forum indeed. [​IMG]