1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If I'm an american i will support this candidate....

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by faithcontender, Nov 16, 2007.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    (emphasis mine) You see statements like this is were I get totally numb to debating the issue. Who has taken the time to research this, reading every detail of every bill ever signed or rejected by each and every Republican President and come to such a conclusion for themselves. Isn't this just repeating what some talking head who doesn't like Bush has said? Have you actually researched this for yourself?

I just don't have the time. What i would like to have is a list of do's and don't's for conservatism that I can then compare a said conservative's record by.

Is anti-war a conservative position? If not, then how does a conservative President protect the people by military action and not inflate the national debt?

Did not congress (conservative and liberal) give the ok for war? Does not the congress have the absolute power to stop the war? Let's put the blame where blame is do for the actual war being waged.

God Bless! :thumbs:

2. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

Let me get this straight. You are saying that a person should not be elected president simply because that person is a woman?

3. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Well Said!:thumbs:

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The reason you do not have the time to debate this is that you are unwilling to look at past deficits from past administrations and compare them with this one. There are plenty of sites.

There is a difference between conservatism and Republican apologists. You can figure out which one you are. It is this exact mindset, supporting George Bush and his moderate/liberal big government policies, and not holding his feet to the fire on issues he campaigned on, is the exact reason the Democrats are going to win next year. Thank you very much.

A conservative is someone who believes in limited government, personal responsibility, and most of all, America first and national sovreignty.

If you had read the post, you would have seen the right or wrong of the war was excluded. The criticism came from a failure of leadership to win and squandering our resources and time.

If you cannot see the systematic slaughter of our national sovreignty over the last seven years, and if you need a definition of conservative, you need to go back to PS 101.

5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ron Paul is not even going to win his home state of Texas in the primary. He is a non-starter. The problem with him is that his ideas are unpopular. He is live and let live on social issues and he is with the leftists on the war against terror.

Believe me if we retreat from Iraq or if we somehow manage to lose this war, the Arabs will bring the war to our nation and they will attack us all over the Middle East. Iran will produce the atomic bomb if we are defeated in Iraq or if we retreat there. This is a serious dirty war with no end in sight at the moment.

As for the charge that Bush spent a lot of money, it is more correct constitutionally to say that Congress spent a lot of money since they have the power of the purse.

Also, Bush faced a divided GOP. The most glaring example of this division of GOP is that Ron Paul has voted against Bush and the military many, many times.

6. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It isn't that simplistic. There are many factors to consider before passing judgment. When congress gives the ok for war they must also spend the money. What if you subtract the war monies from this administrations report card? How would it look then?

Which are? Give me some details, i always hear these sound bites but i need details. Like an example of a written policy or bill that Bush enacted. Give me something solid i can read, some facts.

Both liberals and conservatives "say" they believe these things. So I think we need a list of do's and don't's we can compare records to. To say "limited government" leaves it up to opinion. Where is the limit?

The war on Iraq was won quickily and then it became the broader war against terror since many terorist moved in. We might as well do the fighting over there.

The "squandering our resources" would be a matter of opinion. 1) It would be congress doing the squandering 2) I see it as money well spent, my opinion 3) we would not be in Iraq less God wants us there for His end time purposes, so don't fret too much over it.

Past "seven years"? It begun long before Bush and it will continue well after Bush no matter who be President. The world will go global, read your bible, God's prophecy will come true.

I'm not sure you really defined conservatism in such a general statement. And I'm not sure what Psalms 101 has to do with it ( :laugh: )

7. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes, you have understood me. Woman was created as a helper for her mate, not a head. Eve was deceived, Adam was not.

#67 hillclimber1, Nov 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2007
  8. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

Thank you for your straight answer. Although I often disagree with you, as I do here, it is good that you are able to answer a direct question. :applause:

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

And why would a Christian disagree with God's Word on the matter?

10. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

I don't disagree with God's Word; I disagree with this particular interpretation and application of God's Word.

11. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So your interpretation of God's Word concerning women in positions of authority over men is that God ok's it? What passage of scripture is the source for your conclusion on this matter?

God bless! :thumbs:

12. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

I don't believe that, in this day, women should be subservient to men. I will agree that, in the church, men have been given a place of authority; however, I don't think this should necessarily carry over to the civil government or other areas of life.

13. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Nor in any day. God created men and women with different roles to perform all for the glory of God, not man.

From a secular point of view one cannot argue with that, freedom of opinion, but we are not of this world and are not to "think" as the world thinks.

A Christian is not to seperate his "church life" from his "in the world life". A Chriatian is to seperate himself from the "world (non-christian) views" and look to God's word for every answer to every issue they come accross.

Should what we "feel" or "think" trump God's word on issues? Take it to God's word and then determine what you should "think" about it. Is there scripture which supports what you think? Or is there scripture which teaches against what you think?

Hillary, being a woman, desiring a position of authority over men, is not her greatest sin. Her support of the slaughter of innocent babies should be more than enough to make any child of God voter shudder with fear in the Lord of having anything to do with yoking up with her.

It is sadly appalling and shameful that a Christian, a child of the LIVING God, could show such appathy towards those babies being slaughtered daily, thinking more of their pocket books than the ripping apart until dead of a little child. This is sickening to the core that anyone could support such extermination equal too if not surpassing the butchering done by Hitler .

And Christians, God help us Christians!! , support candidates who openly brag about their support of the slaughter. So very sad.

Please repent dear brothers and sisters in Christ, Please. Your vote, demo or repub, is not going to change the world's views. But God sees. Let God be your source of needs and bless God by not voting for anyone who supports murder. We must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, don't let God see this evil deed against you.

God Bless! :praying:

#73 steaver, Nov 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2007
  14. 2 Timothy2:1-4

That's right! supporting abortion wether to promote womens rights or states rights is anit-Christian.

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I thought the Democratic Party had changed but I was wrong. I was reading in my devotions recently in Isaiah, and came across this verse:

Isaiah 32:5 The vile person shall be no more called liberal, nor the churl said to be bountiful.
    --And I saw hope

But a few verse later those hopes were dashed when I read:

Isaiah 32:8 But the liberal deviseth liberal things; and by liberal things shall he stand.

16. rbell

rbell Active Member

You are referring to a passage that deals with ecclesiastical roles (e.g., no woman senior pastor), not political ones.

The context doesn't bear out that interpretation, IMO.

rbell <---not voting for Hillary, but it's because of her politics, not gender.

17. 2 Timothy2:1-4

God has put men as the leader of the church as well as the home. This is His order for all things.

18. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

Well, I surely wouldn't want to be "anit-Christian, whatever that is! :laugh:

19. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am refering to all of God's Word beginning with the book of Genesis. It isn't an exclusive Christian rule given only to the church.

Do you have a passage of scripture that states women are to rule over the men?

20. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I believe it is doing something that Christ would not do. Like support the murder of babies.