1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If I'm an american i will support this candidate....

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by faithcontender, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

Right, someone disagrees with you and automatically they are for the "murder of babies." Talk about a red herring!

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My immediate superior at work is a woman. Two levels above her is another woman. Are you suggesting that I rebel against them?

3. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

If you don't, it's probably because you support people who murder babies, at least according to some here! :rolleyes:

4. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Rebel against them?

You can quit or you can stay and take the orders. Either way you have not sinned. Unless of course you are responsible in part for placing them in authority positions over men.

I don't believe i ever suggested any such thing. Disagreeing with me does not equate to participating in murdering babies. Supporting those who promote the murdering of babies is. I am just a preacher of the Word. I know some would like to stone me and shut me up, but it is sad when fellow Christians choose apathy to the innocent lives being torn apart til dead over their pocket books.

God Bless! :thumbs:

ps. you missed answering this question.......

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I did that that would mean I was their boss.

Anyway, I don't see anything wrong with women being in positions of authority outside of the church. I don't believe that the Bible says it is wrong in secular affairs.

Yes, I know we can argue over this from now till Doomsday and never reach agreement. :)

6. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Interesting position. Do you have a passage of scripture from the Bible that supports this?

Is God's Word for all His creation, lost or saved, or need only the saved honor it?

I see a troubling seperation of church and everyday life with many Christians. I don't find this taught in the scriptures, do you?

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please provide Scripture to supprt your position that a woman cannot be an elected official in government or a supervisor in the workplace.

8. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

So you would deny an earned promotion to a woman because of her gender? That would be totally illegal and immoral. I sincerely hope you do not supervise people, for your sake and theirs. You would be a lawsuit waiting to happen.

9. ByGracethroughFaith

ByGracethroughFaith New Member

Here is one, but it happens as a judgment not a reward.

Isa 3:12 As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.

BGTF

10. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Genesis through Revelation. You will not find God placing women in authorative postions over men unless it is written as a negative.

Fear of law suits is not what guides my life's decisions. Fear of the Lord and His word does. Women have numerious work oportunities that would not involve usurping authority over the men.

My standing up for God's word on these matters will not change this world's view. My goal is to follow God's word on all issues because I have a judgment day coming. My goal is to preach what God's word says and warn my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

Like it or not, the very Spirit within you should be enough to teach you that supporting a pro-murder candidate is sin as well as desiring a woman to lead the men. Men need to stand up and be men, lead this country and this church. Apathatic men are as much to blame as the women who desire to rule over them.

11. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

I just sent a financial contribution to Mike Huckabee's campaign.

Thank all of you for helping me feel good about it. :applause:

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) Baloney. What about Deborah? What about Esther?

2) Are you kinfolk with Ahmadinejad? Your nonsensical extremism reminds me of him. :)

#92 KenH, Nov 30, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  13. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well Deborah was a prophet, so she was speaking in God's authority. It is believed by sholars that God raised up a woman because the men were weak in leadership at this time. It's like a slap in the face to the men at the time for not taking the bull by the horns so to speak.

Esther? I believe it is very debateable as to whether she was in authority over men. She was given the honor of Queen by the King and petitioned the King for her people (kinfolk) but I'm not convinced this would be a role of authority over men.

It's debateable, I'll give you that. But Hillary is disqualified for her pro-murder stance so the woman issue is mute anyways, for now, until one runs who doesn't hold a sinful lifestyle such as hers.

Only through Adam and Eve. As are you! :thumbs:

God Bless!

14. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

First, you stand piously only on the Word of God, now it's "sholars (sic)." Make up your mind.

15. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I very well may do the same, just not yet. He's a front runner in my book though.

16. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Until ignorance and misapplication of scripture ends, dinosaurs will continue to roam the earth. You are not standing up for God's word, but for a twisted view of it, used to justify your hatred of women.

17. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Very well said, one of the best posts I have seen in a long time. Until we start recognizing the difference between the Word of God, and people's twisted opinions of the Word of God, there will be no black and white, only shades of gray.

18. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So your analysis of my post brings you to say I hate women. Very telling of yourself, moreso than what anyone would believe of me from my post.

Let's see, my mother is a woman, my daughter, my wife, my grandmother, my sister..........and I hate them all! Good observation brother :thumbs:

BTW, I forgive you :wavey:

Now it is quite easy to post an opinion such as you have here, it takes a bit more effort to study the scriptures and show your opponant why he is wrong.

1Ti 2:12But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

19. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hmmmmm.........I'll pick the Word of God :wavey:

I will always consider the Christian men God has blessed with insight and understanding to help me in my own studies. We are a body with differing gifts.

20. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You really need to read more post :godisgood:

Amen! Good advice brother.