1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If mary jane was legalized in the U.S.?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by shannonL, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I agree. But no one here is debating about medical use of marijuana under a doctor's directive. We're arguing recreational use, which is inappropriate for a Christian.

I am, however, willing to stick my neck out a bit and say that self-medicate with marijuana should not be allowed. Only use of marijuana while under the directive of a physician is appropriate for a Christian.

There's no data that supports the idea that marijuana is in any way a cure for cancer. I think we're in agreement over that.

2. Petrel

Petrel New Member

Mr. av1611jim and I started debating medical marijuana on the last page. He thinks it's dangerous and ineffective.

Well, duh! What's there to argue about there? ;)

Yes, more's the pity. Cannabinoids may have some anti-cancer activity, but it's a far stretch to get from there to being clinically useful.

3. Victory in Jesus

Victory in Jesus New Member

Actually, OTC pain medicines like tylenol can do the same kind of damage. This is why it was a prescription to begin with. Unfortunately, because they are OTC drugs, and they don't cause weird effects that make them street-valuable, people think they're safe and take them by the fistfuls.

I was taking a LOT of them for back pain before my doctor pointed out the dangers to me.

I remember Dr. Dean Edell (a radio talk show host) saying one time, "People are so careful with the products they put into their cars, but they'll put anything into their own bodies".

I don't disagree with what you said, TexasSky...just adding to it.

4. shannonL

shannonL New Member

Yershuwa or whatever your name is,

Sounds to me like you still like to smoke pot. You sure defend it like a pothead. It definitly is addictive. Your own posts prove that if nothingelse. The rocket scientist that smoked 44 joints every two weeks. What, he did that because he just wanted to?
    I got a cousin who smoked pot like cigerettes from the time he was 12 until he was about 30.
    He is fried dude.

You claim it is not a "gateway" drug. Your wrong as rain. I've partied with lots of people and I mean lots of em back in my wilder days. Let me tell you pot was just a kickstarter for most but yet it was a drug they still had to have.

Alot of cokeheads like to smoke pot when coming down and so do crack heads. Most people don't go straight to shooting up heroin or coke unless they have gotten comfortable by smoking pot first. Why? Because it doesn't set you off like those drugs but definintly will help lower your defenses when contemplating trying other drugs.

I believe all drugs could have been created for good. Yet, the sinful nature of man coupled with the curse of sin upon creation has been what allows these things to be used negatively.

JUST SAY NO! BRO

5. shannonL

shannonL New Member

BTW, I remember smoking weed so much on a regular basis that me and my friends would laugh about coughing up blood. Wow, that is cool man.

It is also possible to halucinate from smoking pot depending on the THC level High levels of THC can also cause heart attacks.

I can find the autopsy reports of my friends that died. The proof is in the pudding as they say.

6. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

As a Pastor---as a friend---as a moderator on the BB----I'll encourage you #1 to not start smoking "wacky weed" ---or even plain ole cigarettes for that matter

#2 If you smoke---stop! You can----get you some help---anything to stop!! For Jesus' sake! For your wife's sake! For your kids sake! For your parents sake!

7. yeshua4me2

yeshua4me2 New Member

wow did i come off wrong or what?????? i was just discussing what i knew and did in the past not what i am doing now. and the rocket scientist had a disease, and was offended by blanket statements like anyone who smokes pot get brain damage. there was an entire show on the legalization for medical use which is the stand point i come from.

if a doctor can prescribe cocaine or one of it's derivitives why not pot???? i tore my cornea once and the doctor gave me liquid xeylocaine which he told me was a form of cocaine. i then asked him if doctors ever prescribed cocaine, and he said rarely, sometimes for a certian type of rinoplasty. don't know though.

i advocate only for medical use, which i thought i made clear, guess not. sorry for the mix up.

thankyou and God Bless

8. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

I never doubted ya, yeshua4me2 [​IMG]

9. yeshua4me2

yeshua4me2 New Member

and even if smoking pot is not a sin per se.....

1Co 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

1Co 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

does smoking pot edify?no.
    case closed.

thankyou and God Bless