1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If Mitt is 2nd in MI, is he done?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ivon Denosovich, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

I heard Mitt claim that a constant second place finish would still be enough to build a consensus around but he looks very worried. I don't see how he can be the nominee and not win Michigan. Thoughts?

2. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

RealClearPolitics averaged major polls and has:

1) Romney 29%

2) McCain 26.3%

3) Huckabee 16.3%

4) Paul 5.8%

5) Thompson 5.0%

6) Giuliani 4.2%

However, Romney's still within the margin of error of losing to McCain. The Detroit Free Press says it's neck & neck.

3. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Regardless of what the polls say, I voted this morning and voted for Mike Huckabee.

To me McCain is a Republican In Name Only and is way too moderate to be effective as President.

Romney I wouldn't trust if he swore on whatever "Bible" he claims to believe in.

The only thing McCain and Romney have in common is that they'll both say anything to please whoever they're talking to at the moment.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It is my sincere hope that Michigan does Romney in. To me, he is the most untrustworthy of the Republicans. There is no way I would vote for him in the primary or general election.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The early returns are showing Romney winning in Michigan. If Thompson wins in South Carolina and Guiliani wins in Florida the GOP race could be real interesting all the way up to the convention sometime around September 1.

6. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Looks like Romney takes MI by at least 9% points.

7. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

The final count is in, Romney wins by a solid 9% with 39 and 80,000 votes ahead of McCain at 30% and Huckabee at 16%. This could make Florida and SC a lot more interesting.