1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If Noah wasnt righeteous

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Salty, Apr 26, 2008.

1. JerryL

JerryL New Member

I don't think he can lie because He is a Holy God.

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

God is limited by his nature. He cannot choose to lie or sin any more than he can choose not to exist. To say that "he could lie if is chose to" is directly to contradictory to "it is impossible for him to lie." The latter is a statement that Scripture makes twice, on top of all the affirmations that God is true, or truth.

3. skypair

skypair Active Member

So did you get your question answered, salty? 1) God saw that Noah & Co. had obeyed Him. 2) God presented Himself to Noah to build the ark. 3) Either staying monogamous (choosing God's standard over the world and self) or building the ark was counted to Noah for righteousness.

As to destroying the whole earth, scripture tells us that God will always have a "remnant." IOW, He won't let things go until their is no way out for man. That would mean that Satan would utterly and completely rule the earth.

skypair

4. Joe

Joe New Member

Good thinking, could be.....

Pastor Larry-I ordered "Beyond the Bounds" thru ebay. It was only $10 :) thanks

5. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Sin is rebellion against God. So, who is God going to sin against? Who is He going to lie about? Scripture is true, it is impossible for Him to sin.

6. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Is lying sinful? What would be your definition of sin, Joe? If it is "disobedience to God's will", then God cannot sin. Nothing to do with limiting Him. If He wanted to lie, then lying would be part of His will, and not sinful. We can get ourselves tied up in mental knots with this, but I believe there are several things God cannot, or better, does not, do, where His inability is certainly not any indication of lack of power. Can God be "not God"? Can He cease to exist? Can He permanantly separate His three persons so that He is no longer a triune God? Can He change eternity past, to make it so that He Himselfdid have a beginning? I say no to all these, and I believe that is a confirmation of His power rather than a limitation of it.

7. Joe

Joe New Member

Lying is usually sinful. Sometimes it is God's will for us to lie, and in that instance, it would be sin to tell the truth.
    Especially when someone's safety could be jeopardized.

For instance, my name is not Joe. If someone pm's me for a while, then I may tell them my real name. I use this name to get online quotes, for fake emails, for various other purposes.

Actually, lying is sometimes a part of God's will. Please don't misunderstand. I am not promoting lying. The last person I wish to be around is a liar.
    God called every man a liar and himself as the only truth but you know what I mean.

1 Kings 22:22* And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so

Alright, I see your point of view.
    Some years ago, I told God off. Swore outloud at him, called him names, and more. About 10 minutes after my outburst, he performed a miracle by taking up my "challenge" for lack of a better word. When I humbly submitted this request (challenge) was when I finally truly believed in him. So I don't believe in him thru Faith like most people. He is as real to me as my family.

I promised never to leave him, and change my ways if he did this one thing for me. During this time, I called a Christian friend for counsel to tell her of my request. Told her the exact time I spent on my knees that day. We knew it would be more likely that lightening would strike me down than for God to honor this request. Yet she said he could do it if he wanted to.

It was so unusual it made the front page of our local paper.

She came over the following Monday with the newspaper in hand looking quite amazed. I was not amazed at all. Just thankful to him. Luckily, I told someone when I was so down because it strengthened her walk too. That was the worst time in my life.

So it's alright. God can take it if I say he made a mistake by deliberately creating human beings whom he destines to burn in hell. I am not going to try to fool him or anyone else. I find it sickening to think my friends and loved ones will suffer this unspeakable eternal torment. Obviously, there is a draw in believing in evolution. In this life, we lock up people who torture others in this manner. Yet I am not God.

#27 Joe, Apr 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2008