1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If One Holds To "Unlimited Atonement" of The Cross, Why NOT Believe In Universalism ?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Apr 19, 2011.

1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Assumes that somehow God has given a measure of saving faith to all, in order to give 'enough" faith to actually receive the Lord...

But wouldn't that make God a "monster" if he gave all people "common grace/measure of faith" knowing they would not use it anyways and turn to Christ?
    Wouldn't it make more sense to have God just give it to those he knows cam respond?
    Wouldn't those be the elect of God?

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Brother, no questions are being "begged" here. I gave you a consise statement in my previous post. Without Christ's ascension, we'd all be lost!!!

Man can not and will not respond to God unto He first draws him, and in this drawing, I believe He gives that individual enough faith(saving faith, I mean), to put their trust in Him. But not all who He gives this faith to, will put it to good use, IMHO. So, IOW, faith comes from Him, and is not conjured up by us.

I think my answer to the first question, also answers this one as well. Man does not have the "faculties" to call out to God on their own. God must first call/draw that individual. In that "drawing process", He gives them the faith to believe, but pride causes some to reject this calling/drawing. I am speaking from my personal experiences here.

i am I AM's!!

Willis