1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If we are married now, and the rapture happens. Will we still be together in heaven?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Dec 26, 2007.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Huh? Please explain or someone please explain ?

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Male and female are defined by certain...ahem...parts of their bodies. Are you saying that you think that we will still have those...ahem...parts?

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I don't know what webdog is saying, but I'M saying that we...ahem...won't have those differences.

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I agree with what webdog has posted on here. I would also direct everyone to read Heaven by Randy Alcorn. He does an excellent job of addressing many of these issues from a Scriptural standpoint.

Oh, one more thing...what is "chicano" glory?? :saint:

5. I Am Blessed 24

Did I spell it wrong? :laugh:

Is it Chicana?

6. PastorSBC1303

I think the word you are looking for is 'Shekinah'

7. I Am Blessed 24

Oh, my! I did miss the mark didn't I? :eek:

Thank you for correcting me. At least now I know how to spell it. :type:

8. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

What does this mean brother and sisters???

9. I Am Blessed 24

I'm not sure what he is trying to say. He could be joking or being sarcastic or have some weird beliefs. I'm just not sure...

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Do you believe Jesus had that...ahem...part while on earth...and again when He rose from the dead? Bodyparts are just that...parts of a body. Our bodies will be resurrected with ALL parts and glorified in like manner. This is really no different than saying we won't have ears, nose, fingers or toes when we are resurrected. I plan on having this decaying body of mine glorified in the manner that God intended all along...no missing "pieces".

Scripture tells us that male and female he created them.

#30 webdog, Dec 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2007
  11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. However, He still had a human body at that point. We are told that we will have a spiritual body in Heaven. A spiritual body has no need for reproductive organs.

12. PastorSBC1303

Where are we told we will have "spiritual" bodies in heaven?

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Cor. 15:42-44 (ESV)
    So is it with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable; what is raised is imperishable. [43] It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness; it is raised in power. [44] It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

14. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Hbr 13:2Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Just my person feeling I do not believe they function as we do. (or did)..........:)

Whether we male or female, it seems the church has always been represented as a "she".

Rom 7:4Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, [even] to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Pro. 31;
    10: Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
    11: The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
    12: She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
    13: She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
    14: She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.
    15: She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
    16: She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
    17: She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.
    18: She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.
    19: She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.
    20: She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.
    21: She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
    22: She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.

BBob,

15. PastorSBC1303

Saying it is raised a spiritual body does not mean there is no physical aspect of it.

Jesus had a resurected body in John 20-21 and it seems quite evident that there are physical qualities to it. Mary thought he was the gardner. Would the gardner have been just a spiritual body? Jesus has a meal with the disciples, would just a spiritual body be able to do that?

Will not our resurected bodies be like Jesus' resurected body?

16. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Yes, but spiritual..........:thumbs: He appeared in the room without opening the door.

Mat 17:4Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.

#36 Brother Bob, Dec 30, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2007
  17. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Yes, Jesus cooked and ate breakfast with the disciples while in his resurected body, was this another supernatural event or does this mean we will still have a dependancy for food in our spiritual bodies?

Though Jesus' resurected body appeared to retain some physical attributes, we also know it had abilities not limited by physical law's.

Jn 20:26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

This seems to say he walked through a closed door. Now we must remember, this same Jesus did not sin and walked on water while possessing the same fleshly body we currently have. We also know he left earth on a cloud. Perhaps like Elijah???

I said this to ask if we should use Christ resurected body as an example of our spiritual bodies? Jesus' resurrected body retained many physical attributes like the holes in his hands, sides and feet but I believe Luke gives us the reason for Jesus' resurrected body retaining some physical attributes.

Ac 1:3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

I think it had more to do with proof???

-------------------------------------

Separate thought, what changed with Jesus between versus 17 and 27?

Jn 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Jn 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Went to heaven and presented the atonement to the Father. IMO :thumbs: As the high priest did in OT, behind the second vail, into the Holiest place of all, presented the sacrifice. I believe it was eight days until seen again by Mary and His deciples.

BBob,

#38 Brother Bob, Dec 30, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2007
  19. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

The NASB translates it this way:

Jhn 20:17 Jesus *said to her, "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.' "

I think it's possible that Jesus was assuring Mary that He was not leaving just yet and she needn't cling to Him. It wasn't that she couldn't touch Him.

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think that the body Christ Jesus had on this earth before or after the crucifixion is the same body that he has in Heaven now.

But I also freely admit that I speak on this subject much more out of ignorance than knowledge.

Ultimately, God will handle the body situation. I am not worried about it. :godisgood: