1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured If you believe the SoCal shootings were work place violence, raise your hand!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Dec 3, 2015.

?

Was it terror of work place violence?

Poll closed Dec 3, 2016.
  1. Terror ...

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Work place violence ...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Whatever the governement says, I will believe ...

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. It was terror, and there will be more ....

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've been watching the local news, and for me, it can't be more local than it is right now! We are talking about a part of SoCal that I lived in, work in, and still visit and have family and friends living there!

I don't put it past this government, the same government that told us Benghazi was not terror but violence due to a anti Muslim film, seems to be painting a portrait of this shooting to be a disgruntled employee and his wife (or maybe girlfriend) and they just had a baby six months earlier.

I am sure work (Farook had worked there for five years) had something to do with the planning of this shooting, but no matter how they spin this; it is terror. As much as Fort Hood was about terror, this event today can't be pushed under the rug to hide what is going on in America and around the world. Too many coincidences to believe this wasn't well planned, and acted out! But the questions linger, like why would a young couple die in a hail of gun fire after shooting up his former employer's Christmas party meeting, and leave a six-month old child as an orphan?

Tell me. Will you buy this story, or will you see it for what it is, terror? Fort Hood was terror. The Roseburg College in Oregon was terror, too!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who's calling it "workplace violence"? Link, please.

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It could be caused by climate change as far as I know--which would link it to the Chinese, the world's greatest polluters.

4. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is just the beginning of sorrows. This world is headed for "The Tribulation, The Great One" such as has never been seen before.

"Sleep on"

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Under the watchful eye of our muslim-in-chief, I believe that this act of terrorism will be white-washed by "authorities" as workplace violence.

How long did it take for this administration to admit Fort Hood was terrorism? Obama still hasn't and never will.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ft. Hood was about terror. The perpetrator yelled out "Allah Akbar" as he was killing people. So far, there is no indication of a religious or political motivation behind these killings. There is no way the survivors of the attack would fail to mention if the shooters' motivation was Islamic terror related.

No kidding. How many mass killings are hidden under the rug? What a silly idea.

I don't understand why you keep insisting this is terrorism, calling the evidence as we currently know it, a story. Oh wait, it's called prejudice.

7. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It has not been termed as such yet, Don, but with all the emphasis by our liberal news outlets pointing to the man having worked with this department, and the fact that he was there, and left angry only to return, the foundations of spinning this as work related is being put out there to see if the public buys it?

I don't believe I claimed it was being touted as either, just that the networks are emphasizing his relationship to the group he shot up, with his wife at his side. You certainly can't forget Ft. Hood, can you Don?

Reasonable folks know it was terrorism. Liberals want us to believe the shrink was wrapped too tight and he simply snapped.

8. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure, 9-11 wasn't terrorism either.

It was just "workplace violence"; just a couple of student pilots who got mad at the flight school!?!?:rolleyes:

Sheesh!RolleyesRolleyesRolleyes

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kevin

Kevin Active Member

oWoWpV6.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The guy worked for the company that was having the Christmas party for five years. He was at a work function. He left work and returned to work and shot co-workers. Calling it workplace violence is not far fetched.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's called evidence that you evidently are prepared to ignore.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/03/2-suspects-killed-shootout-san-bernardino-massacre-14-killed/

Farook, who Burguan said was born in the U.S. and had worked at the San Bernardino County Department of Public Health for five years, was described by co-workers as a "devout" Muslim, who lived in a home in nearby Redlands, which sources described as "an IED factory." Bomb squads working with robots swept the home late into the night Wednesday, and witnesses reported hearing several explosions.

SNIP

A law enforcement source told Fox News that the couple were each carrying an AR-15 rifle and a pistol when they were shot and killed by police after a brief chase in their black SUV about 2 miles from the initial shooting site. The source said the vehicle also contained so-called "rollout bags" with multiple pipe bombs, as well as additional ammunition. The couple also had GoPro cameras strapped to their body armor and wore tactical clothing, including vests stuffed with ammunition magazines.

"That's a military tactic for a sustained fight," the source told Fox News of the rollout bags.

In addition to the explosives found at the SUV, authorities discovered and detonated three pipe bombs late Wednesday at the Inland Regional Center, the complex where the initial shooting took place about 60 miles east of Los Angeles. Another source said investigators discovered multiple pipe bombs in the house, as well as small explosives strapped to remote-controlled cars

Just looking for an excuse to commit some workplace violence. Right.o_O

12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You and Poncho should hang out together more.

You DID claim it was being touted as such, when you started a thread titled "If you believe the SoCal shootings were workplace violence"; and then couldn't provide anything showing that anyone besides yourself is linking the shooting to the claim of workplace violence.

You're a Christian, RD2; the fundamental foundation of Christianity is truth.

You have a severe tendency to let your emotion cause you to just jump and spout.

No one's called it anything yet, because no one knows what was going on. What we do know: he and his wife, and possibly others, were planning on doing something. Otherwise, they wouldn't have had AR-15s and explosive devices. Were they planning on doing it at the workplace? Or were they planning on doing it somewhere else, but the dude got mad at someone at the workplace and decided to attack there instead of the original target?

If you can't answer those questions, then guess what? You should be working for MSNBC, the way you throw conjecture and speculation out without any basis or foundation.

And by the way: I know I sound harsh here. Fact is, if I start hearing things like folks calling it "workplace violence," I will come back here and publicly apologize, and give serious consideration to your prophet status.

If they don't, I'd like you to consider issuing a public apology for spouting histrionics.

13. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don .... excuse me! If there is one thing you do not know about me, it is that I detest those who call themselves a brother, indicating that by brother you and I have been created in the same image of God, yet in your better than thou heart of hearts, you have elevated yourself above others like Poncho, or myself, crapping all over us with words of criticism and judgement. Where's the love?

Ask me if I take serious your any of your snarky remarks, and I would say "whatever!" You present a classic scenario of a hater. And we know hate is sin. Good day Don. I guess you will have to be one more better than thou pharisee to go on my ignore list, so don't bother to respond. Shalom!

14. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    sgt-hulka-lighten-up_lores.jpg

Wow, someone needs to take a nap. Over the years I've found Don to be quite a reasonable poster, knowledgeable, credible, and pleasant. I guess you can't take criticism very well.

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At this point, that is pure speculatiuon. No evidence at all has been presented to support that scenario.

OTOH There is tons of evidence that this is an act of pure terrorism.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, I offered: you provide one media source calling it workplace violence, and I will humbly apologize.

Instead, you blew up and threw a temper tantrum -- thus, verifying everything I said about letting your emotions rule you.

Whatever.

17. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you heard or seen anyone call it "workplace violence"?

I agree that it fits the basic concept of terrorism. The main shooter was a US citizen, placing it under "domestic terrorism"; but what were the ideological, political, religious, or other motivations (that we actually use to define an act as "terrorism")?

18. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The perpetrators were Muslim.

What else ya got?

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one has definitively stated it was workplace violence that I know of, however they are being careful to keep that scenario in play although there is zero evidence to support it.

I believe it was an act of pure terrorism. What we don't know are the exact motivations behind it. But regardless, the preparation, the planning , and the execution all point to terrorism.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    President Barack Obama said Thursday "it's possible" the mass shooting in San Bernardino, California, was terrorist related.

"At this stage we do not yet know why this terrible event occurred," Obama said, speaking from the Oval Office, while raising the possibility that the shooting could also have been the result of workplace violence.

"It is possible that this was terrorist related, but we don't know. It's also possible that this was was workplace related," Obama said, adding that more conclusions will be drawn after the FBI conducts a large number of interviews.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...a-terrorism-possible-calif-shooting/76719644/