1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured If you don't know why then how do you know its unconditional?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Skandelon, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

And I'll give you the secrets to following the rules of this forum. Stay on topic and don't make personal accusations.

What does that have to do with the topic of this thread and are you implying that I have not done so? If so, quote what I said and make a case.

Do you mean fallacies like ad hominem, where instead of addressing the subject someone begins to infer personally derogatory things about those who disagree with them?

Don't make personal accusations and I wont. You made this about me, when I've continually addressed the subject matter at hand. Now, I'm going to ask nicely that you either stay off this thread or stay on topic.

Thank you.

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    quantumfaith

Almost without exception his "use " of scripture.....is to wrest it out of it's context,and to offer novelties instead of any view that has been taught an accepted over the years. When P 4 truth says this....I am sure that is what he is pointing to.

QF...this sounds ok at first read, however you leave no room for the fact that the vast body of Christian truth is not up for grabs.in other words most Christians agree on most areas of scripture as accepted truths, triune God...incarnation, virgin birth,etc...it is not a matter of finding things to suit our position...but rather what does scripture actually say.

3. DocTrinsoGrace

DocTrinsoGrace New Member

Praying Explictly

Please submit me to the board of moderators as you see fit. In hindsight, what I wrote I would write again. Indeed, after reviewing it, I would not change word, sentence, pericope, or posting. Stand or fall, I own what I have written. I will not twist what you have posted, nor will I give an account for a twisting of what I have posted. That is silly.

Nonetheless, I am very encouraged to be praying for each participant of the forum in general; yet, more and more, will I pray for you in particular. I will pray for you with each of your posts, and I will pray for you in my daily devotions. I will not be deterred. You see, I will not pray that you will accept me, accept my suggestions, accept my doctrine, or any such thing. I lack the knowledge or wisdom to know what you need. Rather I will pray that our Lord Jesus Christ will graciously and abundantly bless you; for He is able to do immeasurably more than I ask or imagine.

4. Winman

Winman Active Member

To accuse someone of wresting scripture is not a refutation. You need to explain exactly HOW I am wresting scripture. To say that the church does not agree with my interpretation is not a refutation either, the Catholic Church has held false doctrines for nearly 2000 years. There are lots of things I believe (and you as well) that the Catholic Church would say is error because they have not held that view in their history.

Truth is, the whole Reformation was based on the idea that the church had it wrong. It is incredible that a Reformed believer does not get that. :laugh:

5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Winman

Hello Winman.:wavey:
    Correct...I was just pointing something out to QF...and used you as he did in his post.
    You know i have spoken to you quite directly,and you have felt quite free to express yourself to me.

It is almost everytime you post,so it would be a full time job for me to do so.
    I have no desire to run you down everytime you post....and quite literally I could set out to do so....but you have plainly told me you are not interested in my"help".....so I just let others see for themselves mostly.

Not necessarily...however , if day in and day out you oppose what christians have believed for hundreds of years and it does not seem to bother you, I think that is a warning sign.

agreed.....

reformed believers get that....but you oppose the reformed believer 24/7...I think that puts you in danger.

6. Winman

Winman Active Member

Wow, I am going to have to break out my dictionary to understand this guy.

I had to look up "pericope", that is a new one for me. I am still working on saying it right, Pa RIK ca pe, Pa RIK ca pe, I'll get it in time.

You probably know all sorts of fancy words like "sanctimonious", and "priggish" too. :thumbsup:

You are going to be lots of fun to play with.

Just remember, you've got to be smart to be a smart-ass, otherwise you are just an ass.

#86 Winman, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2013
  7. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

I think you have just spoken quite plainly and to the issue as his post came across to you.Others have noticed these posts in a similar light.:thumbs:

8. DocTrinsoGrace

DocTrinsoGrace New Member

I apologize, Winman. Thank you for pointing this out. It is pretty much the way I talk, and how my family talked when I was growing up. It surprises me when people do not follow my meaning. My wife often points out, "people don't talk like that, they don't understand what you mean." I will try to adjust when I am aware that you are in the audience.

Speaking of being surprised, I did not expect the word pericope to be unknown to Bible students. Books are comprised of passages, passages are comprised of pericopes, sentences are comprised of words, words are comprised of phonemes. A pericope is a connected set of sentences intended to convey a whole thought.

Lastly, mock me in any way that you might find suitable to your purposes and according to your values. However, please be mindful that our posts may be read by ladies or even children (cf Ephesians 5:4).

9. Winman

Winman Active Member

Oh, I bet your wife reminds you how obnoxious you are ALL the time. :thumbs:

The lady must be a real saint.

10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Winman...Just because he is more intelligent than you are is no reason to attack him personally...

11. Winman

Winman Active Member

But it's so much fun. :laugh:

12. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thankfully we can put the children to bed. How sad to read what "mature" saints say to each other here.

10-page limit. Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.