1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured If you receive the mark of the beast, you will lose eternal life

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by evangelist-7, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Jews that God cut off were UNBELIeving JEWS, WHO HAD REFUSED TO ACCEPT jESUS AS THEIR PROMISED MESSIAH!

not AGAINST osas!

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Your meandering is contrary to the following Scripture:

Revelation 13:1-8
    1. And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
    2. And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
    3. And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
    4. And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
    5. And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
    6. And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
    7. And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
    8. And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Notice Verse 8 please. Only those whose names are not written in the Book of Life will worship the beast, or the false prophet, or the dragon. That means that those whose names are written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. will not worship the beast, or the false prophet, or the dragon.

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Also ties into where the bible teaches that God will send a strong spirit of delusion upon world in end times, that ALL will worship the beast, save for those saved/elected by God!

4. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes. We will not take the mark, they all will, they will hunt us.

5. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    indeed -- but notice it is at the "individual" level with some Jews saved -- some lost.

And also true of Gentiles - not all gentiles on the planet "stand by their faith" many (most) are pagans or some other variety that opposes the Gospel.

So the "individual" focus of Paul in Romans 11 works with the actual Gospel.

17 But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree,

18 do not be arrogant toward the branches; but if you are arrogant, remember that it is not you who supports the root, but the root supports you.
    19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.”

20 Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear;
    21 for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either.

22Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off.

23And they also, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The Bible also says: "Let him that is ignorant be ignorant still."
    At least twice I have given you a proper explanation of this passage and you "ignore" it. You have no excuse.

7. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are quoting you as an solution to the Rev 22:10-11 problem for OSAS??

Really??

8. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Romans 11 the only chapter in your Bible. Just what version is that?

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Who said anything about Revelation. You posted Romans 11 which I re-posted and answered. I have done it at least twice before with commentary. But you ignore it!

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The false Revelations of Elleen White Edition!

11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Hint - the text you wee butchering - debunks OSAS becuase it says that you will not get to an OSAS state for the righteous - until the time when no more wicked are accepting the Gospel

Rev 22
    10 And he said to me, “Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is at hand. 11 He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Do you ever look at context:

Revelation 22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
    4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

Revelation 22:8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
    9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

John is in heaven. He just finished seeing heaven where there will be no unsaved person, no sin, nothing evil at all. There will be no more curse. Only the saints of God will be there.

Revelation 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
    --This is OSAS.
    The Great White Throne Judgement has already taken place back in chapter 20:11-15. This is a heavenly scene. The unjust and filthy are confirmed as such--forevermore unjust and filthy, now in the Lake of Fire, forever and ever.
    The righteous and holy are now confirmed in their righteousness and holiness forevermore. There couldn't be any more perfect picture of eternal security than this.

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indeed, as the final judgement as you stated had been completed, al for rest of eternity, the saved and lost will be experiencing their fixed states!

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Will taking the mark of the Beast be able to undo the sealing and sauctifing work towards the Elect by Father/Son/and Spiriti then?

good news is Jesus said that IF were possible, even very elect would be falling for beast, but not really happening, as elect sealed and preserved by God!