1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If you use a pocket pc ...

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by exscentric, Jul 9, 2007.

1. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    be forwarned they are becoming endangered very quickly. My dell is giving trouble so I went to dell to see how spendy the new ones are and they don't make them anymore. They have a couple of high priced ones from some other outfit, but the Axim is history.

I went to Ebay and they aren't all that plentiful there either. The one I want is almost not to be found on Ebay.

Anyone know of any other ppcs available besides palms? Have been snooping and am finding very little availabe in the new market.

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Laptops have dropped so much in price; and smart phones have become so popular as an "all in one" device; that pocket PCs are not necessarily a wise choice any more.

3. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a Compaq Ipaq. It would cost more that it is worth to buy the expansion pack to use it as a phone and it is too small to be really usable programming or software design. A laptop is much better choice for a portable computer.

4. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yikes, your pockets must be huge if you prefer a laptop :laugh:

I use the ppc for Bible, checkbook, schedule, lists etc. Have a handheld for my study when out of the house.

I'm sure it is the phone that is replacing the ppc but many don't want phones :thumbs:

Well, some don't want phones :laugh:

5. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

look to the iPhone to take a big bite out of the PPC market. Or in the best case for MS is that it will actually grow the market in to huge new areas.
    At any rate, smart phones are replacing the hand held computer.