1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IF Your baptist church changed from ceasing to still for today Gifts Wld You depart?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Apr 29, 2011.

1. mandym

mandym New Member

I agree

That was not the whole of their role. But no one today would qualify anyhow.

This could only be true if it were true of every single person in the church. And I do not believe that to be the case.

2. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Same here!

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So in other words you dont feel that HS Gifts & Visitations actually exist.....is that what your saying?

If it is then could you explain to me all those testimonials of Revivals & of men like Whitefield & Moody & Wesley?

#23 Earth Wind and Fire, Apr 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2011
  4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yes there I would agree.

5. Old Union Brother

Old Union Brother New Member

I sincerely hope that God blesses you to get a church planted up there. I will be praying to that end. I appreciate your kind words and I hope you have a blessed weekend in the Lord.

Peace and Prayers

Jeff

6. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Thanks, and you as well.

I understand that we ought always to be open to instruction through the Word and enlightening by the Holy Spirit. There are a few issues, particularly in eschatology where my official position is "this is where I am right now. I might not be there tomorrow."

I suppose the gifts of the Spirit fall into that category. Right now, I believe that God may allow a missionary to speak in a language he's never learned (as on the day of Pentecost). I believe God can supernaturally heal someone without the aid of doctors or medicines. I have seen it happen, unilaterally without using any human.

I also believe that if one has the gift of healing, he has it all the time, and that divine healing is not dependent on the faith of the one who is healed, nor upon the faith of the one who supposedly has the gift.

That said, I do not believe all the gifts are operational as they were in apostolic times.

Now, on some other issues, my mind is made up and I don't plan to change. I will always believe salvation is through repentance and faith, baptism is for believers only by immersion, and Jesus is coming again.

But the older I get, the less set in my ways I am about stuff I was pretty rigid about in you younger days.

7. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Believe in them, its just that the Gospel will still save, regardless IF signs and wonders are part of it!

#27 JesusFan, May 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2011