1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured IF Your Baptist Group Approved Alternate Lifestyles, Would You Depart?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree, I believe that gay people do worship the Lord in a Biblical manner.

Now if you are talking about homosexuals-that is another story

I couldn't care less if a couple live in a single family house, a duplex or a hi-rise.
    Now if you are talking about living the homosexual lifestyle - that is a different story.

By group, do you mean local church, denomination or both? As I stated before - for either, I would stay a while and try to change it. It that was not successful, I
    would leave and take as many folks / churches with me as possible.

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

What do you mean by "gay"? Happy? Is that it?

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Jerry Falwell dropped the ball concerning this years ago....

4. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Oh boy. :sleep:

What does where a couple reside have to do with any of this? That's right. Not a thing.

You're beginning to catch on. That's the story we've been discussing.

You wouldn't change a thing. In fact you're confused over the issue and feel you have some type of following to split a church?

And what exactly is the difference between gay and h0m0sectual?

Nothing.

We are talking about the practicing lifestyle so catch up. OK?

Thanks.

I think you're trying to come across as 'intellectual' but you can't see the forest for the trees in this incident. You've missed the point completely.

:wavey:

5. preacher4truth

He has separated gay and h0m0sectual into two distinct groups.

Unreal. They are one in the same.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But I would try - I wouldnt be doing the splitting, they would.
    :thumbsup:

No, the point is that I refuse to fall victim to L.E.F.T.

7. preacher4truth

Yes it is verified you've missed the point completely. Congrats. :wavey:

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And once again, this is a good place to remind the brethren that the CHURCH is for the Body of BELIEVERS, not the lost.

Stop waiting to take them to church to hear from the pastor what we should be telling them.

Yes indeed. And we must remember that idolatry covers a lot of things. A lot have taken to treating their neighbors like lepers instead of loving them as themselves. Being against an issue seems to have become bigger than being for Christ.

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    actually, you have missed my point

10. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

The sin of the gay person is actually greater than that of the straight when it comes to the intimate part of a relationship.

God's Word says for man to lie with man is abomination. He does not say that of a man lying with a woman.

Abomination is sin, yes. But it appears that God sees it as a greater sin.

11. preacher4truth

Keep telling yourself that. :love2:

12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It appears you do not have an understaning of L.E.F.T.

13. Sminasian

Sminasian Member

I would be gone in a heartbeat

14. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Not Possible....!

It is NOT POSSIBLE for an unrepentant homosexual to actually "worship" God any more than it is possible for an unrepentant adulterer or fornicator to actually "worship" God. You can't live openly (or privately) in a wicked lifestyle and legitimately or genuinely worship God. The TRUTH is...if WE harbor sin in OUR lives then our so-called "worship" will be equally null and void! There SHOULD BE no question about that. There certainly didn't use to be.

IF the gay folks feel comfortable in our churches then THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG. They should know that Jesus does love them and so do we...but not their sinful lifestyle. It is a difficult balance to maintain.

If my church welcomed them with open arms and didn't make it clear that they needed to repudiate their moral wickedness then I would have to find another church to unite with.

If the denomination I was a part of did the same then I'd have no choice but to seperate from it.

I want to see them saved and safe for eternity as much as the Lord does. I have known some "gay" folks over the years that I thought a lot of as people but I have told them that their lifestyle would ultimately destroy them unless they turned from it. If we don't warn them and tell them the truth we are demonstrating that we DON'T CARE and that we DON'T LOVE them.

The bottom line is that in THIS culture we will never be popular or acceptable if we stand for the truth. We better get used to that and quit trying to be buddy-buddy with this world. Otherwise we'll get dragged right down the same sewer with it.

Bro.Greg:saint:

15. 12strings

12strings Active Member

Actually, Scripture calls all the following abominations:
    1. A proud look
    2. A lying tongue
    3. Hands that shed innocent blood
    4. A heart that devises wicked ideas
    5. Feet that are swift in running to mischief
    6. A false witness that speaks lies.
    7. Those who sow discord among brethren.
    8. All who are disobedient to God.
    9. false measures used for deciet.
    10. idolatry
    etc...

16. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    True, yet active homosexuality want to claim to have jesus ANF the practice, NOT able to do that!

17. Steadfast Fred

Man lying with man is abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Now, while I know that this is under Old Testament Mosaic Law, I also know that God said in Malachi that He does not change. I highly doubt that He has changed His mind about homosexuality being abomination to a lesser sin.

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Why not? And I think right here again is where a little Christian humility should shine through.

Once again, this board much like the church likes to point its proverbial finger at a sin and say that someone can't have Jesus or cannot be saved if they practice this.

For just about an entire year, many on this board made an idol out of getting a Presidential candaiate elected and didn't care at all that he was the face of evil against God. Did any of those have Jesus

Or what about the folks who gossip on here daily? Do they have Jesus?

What about the folks with strongholds in their lives? Do they have Jesus?

The list goes on and on and on.

You break one, you break them all. And in accordance with that, we're ALL habitual sinners.

Scripture says to esteem others better than yourself. Perhaps the Church is better served by individuals dealing with their own sin and lack of holiness before deeming someone else absent Christ?

19. Steadfast Fred

Homosexuality is an abominable act/lifestyle. One cannot be a homosexual and a Christian at the same time.

How can we say this?

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

The abominable, those who are guilty of working abominations, shall have their part in the lake of fire.

Doesn't sound to me like they are Christian.

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

In accordance with God's word, you tell a lie and you've broken the same law as the homosexual offender.

Do you consider yourself a Christian because we all know that you have told a lie?