1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If your children were in this school

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

3. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

If homeschooling wasn't an option, I'd have my kid report to the Dean's office each time he was supposed to be in that class. They could write my kid up for skipping class each day.

4. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First of all, the school board doesn't have the right to do that. I'd sue the pants off of them (except for the pervert teacher...I'd sue the skirt off of him).

Second, things like this make me feel more confident than ever that our decision to homeschool was the right one.

5. menageriekeeper

Hmmm, after reading the second article, I have to say that the first article stretched the truth some in claiming the parents had no recourse to having their child in the class. They had plenty of choices.

1) a cirricullum change. They could simply have requested a different course for their child.

2) no mention of "transferring out" to a different school was made. Only that the kids wouldn't be allowed to change teachers. HOWEVER, the parents didn't handle it correctly if they only said they wanted out of this teacher's class. What they should have done was claimed that their religious belief were being trampled by being forced to be a party to something considered morally abhorant in their religion. Muslims do it every day.

3) Homeschooling is a perfectly legimate way of educating your child in New York State. Any guff about pulling your child out for any reason is why the HSLDA (hslda.org) was formed.

4) Private schooling is also quite legal in that state.

The battle for cases like this was lost when good people decided that gender identity disorder was a medical condition. Once that was done, the teacher became eligible for all the same accomodations that a person with diabetes would recieve.

Here again, I am surprised that Christians expect nonChristians to understand and behave according to our beliefs. If a Christain parent doesn't want their child in this persons class, they should put their money where their mouth is and pull them out.

This isn't about not being "allowed" to do something different. This is about a handful of parents in a democratic society that want their way or no way. The rest of the communty, right or wrong, had no problem with this teacher being in the classroom.

Change people's hearts and you will change America. Until then, might as well get used to this sort of thing.

6. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

These are high school children, right? Although this transgendered teacher is probably creepy, these kids have to learn to live in a world where everyone of them doesn't conform to their beliefs. How about the child stays in the class and acts like a Christian.

7. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is the teacher's website.

Notice the first assignment in his Applied Physics course is titled "Tootsie Rules":eek:

8. menageriekeeper

Some people are waaaaaaay to quick to judge:

http://teachers.net/lessons/posts/2212.html

Or else they never had a high schooler in general science before. :rolleyes:

This guy has enough problems without us seeing evil behind every corner.