1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Ifb evangelists

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Jan 8, 2015.

1. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Wow...that's ironic... :thumbs: :thumbsup: :smilewinkgrin:

2. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could you explain, in your own words how you define Lordship Salvation? I am curious. Thanks much.

#62 Rolfe, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2015
  3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I'm pretty sure iPhone's can do it too! I believe they can copy-and-paste as well.

Hey, Evan, read this book: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1118690834/?tag=baptis04-20

4. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish
    Luke 13:3

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come
    2 Cor 5:17

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.
    John 10:27

Now was that so hard to list a couple of references so now people can look at them in context and debate on equal footing?

5. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

What I don't get a bunny Picture?

I just said I was not going to do your work of coming up with reference for you, how you got I don't want to be challenged by Scripture is beyond me, care to explain how you got that?

6. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Keep questioning him, and it will come.

7. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm starting to feel left out.

8. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is an amazing assertion. What is your scriptural justification for it (from the mouth of Jesus, not your interpretation of Paul)?

Yes, but one becomes a disciple in terms of committing all you know yourself to be, to all you know Christ to be. That knowledge grows in both directions as we grow in grace.
    You are presuming that people are becoming Christians (little Christs) without following Him in discipleship. Your interpretation conforms to popular practice, but not the gospel of Jesus.

Yes. I hav le known a surprising number of people who have had to do just that. Several of my friends have been disowned from their families for following Jesus. When I talk to a Jewish, Muslim, Mormon, atheist (raised in an atheist family) about Jesus, they know intuitively that the decision to follow Jesus will be VERY costly in terms of human relationships. Even for those of us born into Christian homes, the calling of Jesus to buck the normal religious propriety to minister to gays, homeless, etc., or to be faithful to scripture even when I means rejecting the well-meaning teaching of a popular preacher. I have lost many "Christian" friends for not being KJVO, anti-science, or holding contempt for the lost.

9. gigabyte71

gigabyte71 Member

How about explaining the verse in context of what Paul wrote and not simply what Mac says the verse means.

10. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One more for the clutch. :laugh:

11. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If "easy believeism" is wrong, what is "hard believeism?"

Christ is already Lord, so nobody makes Him Lord at the time of their salvation. To suggest that salvation is based on something we DO "Make Christ Lord of our lives" is, in my opinion, Judiastic Legalism, also known as "works salvation."

Repentance is not something done prior to salvation in order to earn salvation. Repentance is the other side of the coin of faith. It is when we no longer dismiss our sin as harmless, but recognize that God is right and we are wrong. That is what the word "confession" means. "To say the same thing again." Before we "changed our minds" we disagreed with God when He said, "Your sins have condemned you." Now we say "Yes, my sins have condemned me. But Christ took my condemnation onto Himself and saved me." And that is the result of His taking away my old, cold, dead, heart of stone and giving me a new, living, heart of faith.

Lordship salvation = works salvation.
    Repentance being something I do prior to salvation to merit salvation = works salvation.

All of God - none of me = biblical salvation.

12. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You won't because what you said is logical. Indeed I should have posted scripture and at the moment have not made the best arguments.

13. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lordship Salvation verses

Luke 3:8
    8 “Therefore bear fruits in keeping with repentance, and do not begin to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham for our father,’ for I say to you that from these stones God is able to raise up children to Abraham.

2 Cor 5:17
    17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

Gal 2:20
    20 “I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

Rom 6:6
    6 knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin;

1 John 2:3
    3 By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.

John 15:14
    14 “You are My friends if you do what I command you.

Mt 12:50
    50 "For whoever does the will of My Father who is in heaven, he is My brother and sister and mother.”

John 8:31
    31 So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, “If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;

Rom 6:17-18
    17 But thanks be to God that though you were slaves of sin, you became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching to which you were committed, 18 and having been freed from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.

1 John 2:4
    4 The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

#73 evangelist6589, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2015
  14. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So no one who does not agree with LS is teaching the real Gospel message?