1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IFB KJV ONLY COLLEGES

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by cireofmi, Aug 9, 2003.

1. Pete Richert

Pete Richert New Member

This Gulf Coast Bible Institute is a good read. You can get your Doctorate with ONE YEAR of study past a masters, and a masters with ONE YEAR of study past a bachalors. Two years to get your Doctorate! How about that! (I'm going to take a wild leaping guess that this degree is not acredited).
    Throw on that the courses include Bible Numerics and the Feminization of America and this will be a good time.

Could someone give me a link to where it says, if you start using other versions of the Bible they will revoke your degree?

2. amixedupmom

amixedupmom Guest

I know this isn't a thread to post opinion but I agree with Dr. Bob. Everyone should know about other religions. And thier text. That way they know what to avoid. What to teach upon. And, where other religions go wrong , and where they Agree. Seems MOST religions believe in ONE GOD. But, that is the extent of it.

[​IMG] Dr. Bob... nice one

God Bless

3. Kidz-4-HIM

Kidz-4-HIM New Member

Could someone give me a link to where it says, if you start using other versions of the Bible they will revoke your degree? [/QB][/QUOTE]

GCBI
    Cline

4. Gunther

Gunther New Member

Good job Pete. It is such a shock to find a conspiracy theory KJVO college.

5. cireofmi

cireofmi New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    All I wanted was other possible King James Only Independent Fundamental Baptist Colleges. Not a debate.

6. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

All kinds of alarms are going off now! :eek: More heresy has been taught by preachers "doing word studies" who have not taken the time to learn Hebrew and Greek than you can shake a stick at!

BTW, I assume that anyone seeking a degree form GCBI is not simply attempting to "fulfill God's will for his life," but rather is seeking an education so that he can accurately interpret, preach and teach God's Word so that he may assist others in "fulfilling God's will for their lives." Going by their website GCBI's entire philosophy of education is questionable and leaves much to be desired.

7. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

Hey that's my church's college. Hmmmm, very interesting. ;) May I ask where you got this information?

8. Butterflies4mami

Butterflies4mami New Member

Wisdomseeker-
    I first heard about West Coast I believe at the National Sword of the Lord Conference. I picked up some info. cncerning the college when I was looking for a college to go to myself. My Pastor said it seemed to be a good college, so I ordered the information from the school. I ended up going to Landmark here in Fl.,for two years, but left for "reasons".Anywho- God Bless! [​IMG]

9. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Pete Richert said:

This Gulf Coast Bible Institute is a good read. You can get your Doctorate with ONE YEAR of study past a masters, and a masters with ONE YEAR of study past a bachalors.

And probably worth every minute you put into it!

Could someone give me a link to where it says, if you start using other versions of the Bible they will revoke your degree?

These people really need a lesson in Web page design; it's practically unreadable. Nonetheless, here it is:

Aren't you glad to see liberty of conscience is alive and well in Baptist circles? :rolleyes:

Remember to toe the Party line or they'll send the Thought Police :cool: after you.

And they won't teach you Greek or Hebrew, but they will recommend you learn English, but they apparently don't know the difference between perspective and prospective. Nothing like a quality post-secondary edumucation. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Like I said earlier, I would like to see proof that they are using the REAL AV1611 they so boldly extol. I sincerely doubt they have any classes on I and II Maccabees, or The History of Susanna.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

To add to your hilarious comments, there is also nothing like a KJVO college that doesn't even know what Version of the KJV they are using.....

But, to answer the initial question, if you subscribe to the belief of KJV-Onlyism, then several of the other schools mentioned would be right up your alley.

What about Hyles-Anderson? I seem to recall that they are KJVO.

11. Siegfried

Siegfried Member

I think that's a safe bet, since about 4 years ago I saw one of their promo video's on which the current pastor of First BC Hammond and chancellor of the college was teaching in a class saying, "You need to go out and build yourself a church patterned after the New Testament church--a church with evangelistic zeal that uses the King James Bible . . ."

If the KJV was good enough for Paul, I guess it's good enough for Hyles-Anderson.

12. Askjo

Askjo New Member

If the KJV was good enough for Paul, I guess it's good enough for Hyles-Anderson. </font>[/QUOTE]Gippism??? :rolleyes: :eek:

13. swordsman

swordsman New Member

I have heard that Gulf Coast Bible Institute is a good school and in my opinion their not teaching Hebrew or Greek is a plus.
    I have read SOME of their work and have found it to be doctrinally sound.

14. mioque

mioque New Member

"in my opinion their not teaching Hebrew or Greek is a plus." :confused:

15. swordsman

swordsman New Member

You do not need it, you have all you need and more in the KJV.

16. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You do not need it, you have all you need and more in the KJV. </font>[/QUOTE]Then please explain why God chose Greek and Hebrew to inspire His Word in... God's will and choices are always perfect. If those had not been the perfect languages to express His Word in He most certainly would haved done differently.

Your assertion that we do not need to show respect for the languages God divinely chose calls into question your respect for biblical inspiration.

17. swordsman

swordsman New Member

Simple those was the main languages of the world at that time, now it is English.
    No disrespect toward the greek but that language is dead dead dead.
    So I need to learn Greek and Hebrew
    Find an un corrupted text
    translate it
    to understand what the Lord had to say to me, no thanks I will be just fine, missing NOTHING with my good ole trustworthy KJV.
    The Lord preserved His Word in the English language because He knew that it would be the language of this age.

18. Justified

Justified New Member

You're right. Those WERE the main languages for each time period that they were inspired. They are also a more exact language. English is a very loose and watered down form of communication.

In my opinion.

[​IMG]

19. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Swordsman, I surely hope you are either joking or simply very poorly taught.

If serious, you are blaspheming God's Word and lifting up an imperfect and archaic English translation in its place.

God inspired the writers to write in Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek. He did NOT inspire 50 baby-baptizing Anglican priests in 1611.

20. swordsman

swordsman New Member

Dr. Bob, This is how I feel about it ok.
    I have seen from history the way the Lord has used the KJV and He has used it in a mighty way.
    I do not know enough about which text have been tainted by man and I do not know any Greek or Hebrew, I do know English.
    I trust that the Av is God's Word preserved in the English to the English speaking people.
    I have read of the fruit in the day when it was the only English Word available and I have seen the apostasy since all the "new and more accurate" versions have come about.
    To be perfectly honest If I went to the Greek and Hebrew it would feel to me as if I was correcting the Word of God.
    I know that the KJV is the Word of God, complete and sound.
    I know that I will answer to God himself for the guidance and leadership that I give my wife
    and son.
    If the only book that I have is the KJV, with no lexicons,dictionaries,commentaries or any language helps, I would need nothing else.

What will I lack using the KJV alone?