1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IFBC in dallas....any recommendation?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Joman, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Joman

Joman New Member

Hello,

I'll be in dallas next month. Can you recommend me a good independant fundamental baptist church? My hotel is very close to dallas downtown. any help?

2. Christianbsw

Christianbsw New Member

To be quite frank, I believe that First Baptist Dallas is the only Baptist Church downtown. I am a member there, though I am in NYC at this time. It is the church that Dr. Criswell ministered to and now has Mac Brunson. Check out the website at firstdallas.org. There are good, solid Sunday school classes, also.
    Enjoy Dallas.

3. BibleMaMa

BibleMaMa New Member

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We attended FBC Dallas and enjoyed our years there. It is within easy walking distance of most downtown hotes. Good ifb churches that I know are out in the 'burbs and 25 miles up I-35E

5. Joman

Joman New Member

I usually stay at a hotel on I-35E

I found by 'googling' this one: http://www.worthbc.org/

But wouldn't visit a church by its website. any opinions about this one?

About your recommendations"
    Is first baptist church of dallas fundamental?
    What music is used for worship? Do the have spanish service? I can understand an english preaching without problem but i'm going with a friend that its not christian and he does not understand english very well and i want to expose him to the Word of God.

Because i prefer fundamental churches, i have got lot of recomendations to http://www.prestonwood.org but by reading a litle on the website i don't think its a good place.

In another subject:
    what are the most-visit places in Dallas? I'll stay there like 5 days...and 4 days in houston (bussiness trip) but i would like to have a good time there.

Opinions are welcome.

6. Christianbsw

Christianbsw New Member

First Baptist Dallas does not have a Spanish service. However, if you call them at 214-969-0111 and ask to speak with the minister of the day, they can tell you which churches in the area will. One of the former singles ministers has a brother who pastors a Spanish speaking Baptist Church in Dallas, though I do not know where. Steve Hardin in the Singles Dept. will know this.
    There are a couple of people in the Singles ministry that teach a class and are Spanish Fluent. I don't know the church who's web address you placed on the board. Prestonwood is huge! They used to be in Richardson area and moved because they outgrew their facility. It can be overwhelming for some and nurturing for others.
    Best regards.

7. Christianbsw

Christianbsw New Member

Sorry. Worth Baptist Church (worthbc.org) is in Fort Worth. That is a 40-60 minute drive from Dallas. You might try calling the Southern Baptist Convention or General Baptist Convention to see if they have a list.

8. Joman

Joman New Member

I prefer a non SBC church...thanks for your posts..very useful for me.

9. Joman

Joman New Member

I tought that fort worth = dallas. the airport is dallas fort worth....but 40-60 mins is TOO much....i get free miliage from hertz, but not free gas [​IMG]

10. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Try this one. It is between the 2 towns in Arlington. Might be too far for you though.
    www.kingdombaptist.org

In HIS service;
    Jim