1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Illinois Theological Seminary

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by christianmilvet, Jul 23, 2005.

1. christianmilvet

christianmilvet New Member

Has anybody every heard of Illinois Theological Seminary. It is an online program and I would interested in some opinions

2. NateT

NateT Member

Is it this one

It's free of charge. I would say you get what you pay for.

I couldn't find any information on the courses they offer. There were numerous grammatical errors on their webpage.

Not to mention that their webpage was extremely annoying. Not that a sound theological institution has to have a good webpage, but if one is doing all the coursework online, you'd think they'd be able to construct a decent webpage.

The impression I got is that it is an individual who has some spare time and has constructed some course material and wants to pass it on to others.

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I would avoid such places. If you want an education, there are plenty of better programs out there for you to consider.

4. UZThD

UZThD New Member

I think the concept of free education is fine, but if degrees are awarded that indicates that the grad has completed successfully certain outcomes of that education. IMO those outcomes should equal those of accredited schools IF degrees are awarded. I think that speaks of Christian honesty!

IMO it is very unlikely that GRAD level courses in Bible or Theology can provide those outcomes unless the courses are taught by a faculty of persons who through advanced training at a rigor equal to accredited doctoral programs are themselves by that training prepared to teach others at the grad level.

This is why one of the first things I look at when evaluating a school is the qualifications of the faculty AND the system in place for faculty-student interaction. (The qualifications of profs mean little if there is little interaction)

Unless I missed it, this school does not list the qualifications of the faculty , and that IMO, if true, is a red flag.

Bill G.