1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I'm In Need Of Assistance!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Donald Baker, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donald Baker

Donald Baker New Member

Hello folks. My name is Don, and I really really need some help right now. I've been waiting a couple hours for my account to be activated because I need some backup from some devout Christians. [advertising site snipped per BB policies] Some of their intent is to "overwhelm" my board which only had 19 members two days ago....but now I have 43 atheists on my board who seek to wear me and my little staff down. I desperately need some backup, and from what I've been told some of these guys have been on this board causing mischief. I truly believe this is a spiritual battle on my site that is winnable. I am willing to let my board be the battleground if it brings the Lord Glory. So please help. I'll post a banner of baptistboards on my site in return if required to. I just hate to see God mocked....not that He can't take care of Himself.

In Christ, Don.

P.S. I invited nonbelievers to the board, but I never was prepared for the large group. Advice on how to deal with them is also appreciated.

#1 Donald Baker, Aug 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2007
  2. npetreley

npetreley New Member

The "invade and overwhelm" strategy is alive and well. It happened to a Christian board I used to run. I got a huge influx of evolutionists who overwhelmed the board to the point where it was too much trouble to manage it, so I shut it down. Later, I found the actual "call" on another forum to come and overwhelm my board, so it wasn't coincidence. It was an organized effort.

I sometimes wonder if that's happening here, too, only by people wih a different axe to grind.

I don't have any advice for you. I hope you end up dealing with it better than I did. I'd hate to see another board fold under militant pressure.

3. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is it possible to revoke the privileges to some? Maybea re-start that can enable you to choose how many atheists are able to join.

Will be praying.

4. Donald Baker

Donald Baker New Member

Well so far they have been civil and they are quite articulate in their message. They are overwhelming the board with their content, and I can't match them post for post day in and day out. I try, but I'm only one person. I happen to be seminary trained, so I am familiar with most of their arguments and can refute them point by point in most cases, but it's a volume issue. They will wear me down by attrition. I don't want to shut the board down, and I don't want to restart or ban.....I'm not into banning folks unless they do really stupid things. I think it would be best to just reinforce the board with more Christians who can hold the line and retard the advance of the enemy. It's a shame that atheists feel they must ruin Christian boards to "win.":BangHead:

5. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Sounds like they are wearing you down already.
    I think revoking memberships may be the best route and limiting the number of non-believers who join.
    If most folks are like me, i only have a certain amount of time to focus on things like message boards and to take on another one would mean taking time from something else; and as a pastor, i'm already limited.

6. Donald Baker

Donald Baker New Member

Well I can't limit the memberships as it was my invitation and decision to open the board up to nonChristians. I never dreamed I would get such a response, so I didn't prepare. They haven't done anything to "destroy" the board or anything ban worthy yet, so I was hoping that some kind of outreach could be done while the window of opportunity existed.

7. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

I would revoke memberships too, but I just signed up brother. I will try to help.

8. Donald Baker

Donald Baker New Member

I am in your debt my friend. But be forewarned....some of them are "over educated" and can twist logic very well. Roll your sleeves up because you're in for a devil of a fight...pardon the pun.:1_grouphug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.