1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IMB regional leader resigns over policies

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gb93433, May 7, 2008.

1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Rodney Hammer, the International Mission Board's regional leader for Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) for the past eight years, resigned effective May 5 after challenging policies of the board of trustees with which he is in disagreement.

Hammer informed the CEE trustee committee and IMB administration that he could no longer support personnel policies adopted by the board regarding the baptism of prospective missionaries and regarding private prayer language. Hammer resigned his position, recognizing expectations for field leadership to be accountable to and support board policies.

Hammer and his family left the field for stateside assignment on May 5. They plan to be reassigned to a field assignment upon their return.

"We absolutely love working with our missionary family and the peoples of CEE, but I must now resign as regional leader," said Hammer, who has served as an IMB missionary for 18 years. "I am expected as a regional leader to accept, own and support the policies of the IMB trustees. I can do so no longer."

The rest of the story is at http://www.bpnews.net/BPnews.asp?ID=28002