1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Immanuel Baptist College

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by aefting, Jun 23, 2004.

1. aefting

aefting New Member

On another thread we were discussing Maryland Baptist Bible College in Elkton, MD. I was looking at their faculty listing and noticed that one of their professors has a BA and MA from an Immanuel Baptist College. Anyone know anything about that school? I did a google search and there seems to be one in the Atlanta area, although I have never heard of it and I live in the area.

Andy

2. Dr. Gerald Click

Dr. Gerald Click New Member

This is all I could find:
    Immanuel Baptist Theological Sem And Bible Coll
    195 Fischer Rd
    Sharpsburg, Georgia 30277
    (770)253-1671
    They have no website and there is very little public information about them, just that they are on the list of Georgia Institutions of Higher Education.

3. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Immanuel is an independent school originally founded by Dr. Ray in Atlanta (1950’s era?) and later moved to Sharpsburg, GA. They had a correspondence school for many years but the residential and correspondence programs split when the residential program moved to Sharpsburg. The correspondence program stayed with the founding church in Atlanta. A Dr. Clements (?), who received his doctorate from Immanuel, remained head of the correspondence division. I don’t know if it is still in existence. Most of the students, I think, and teachers moved with residential program. The people associated with this school are SBC but the school is independent of the SBC. Contact John Bear at degree.com for the low-down on everything named Immanuel. Or, track down Dr. Stevie Levicoff if you can find him on the net.

[​IMG]