1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Imminent War in Israel

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by skypair, Jun 26, 2007.

1. skypair

skypair Active Member

Article accompanying my remarks:

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/WTARC/2007/me_israel_06_25.asp

Turn over to Zech 11:1-3 and see the war this article seems to anticipate.

" Open thy doors, O Lebanon, that the fire may devour thy cedars. Howl, fir tree; for the cedar is fallen; because the mighty are spoiled: howl, O ye oaks of Bashan; for the forest of the vintage is come down. There is a voice of the howling of the shepherds; for their glory is spoiled: a voice of the roaring of young lions; for the pride of Jordan is spoiled."

I believe "oaks of Bashan" represents Syria. In conjunction with this, I believe that Isa 11:14 will occur -- "But they shall fly upon the shoulders of the Philistines [Gaza] toward the west; they shall spoil them of the east together: they shall lay their hand upon Edom and Moab; and the children of Ammon shall obey them.

It is quite possible that in the wake of this war, emergent AC will "pluck up"/absorb the remainders of the kingdoms/rulers of Jordan, Syria, and Lebanon (Zech 11:6) while allowing Israel to keep lands they have conquored (they "shall obey them").

Israel may hold much of the kingdom of David thus -- with the appearance of Elijah -- beginning to "restore all things." Mal 4:5

Zech 11:7 tells us the next event -- the 7 year peace with Israel. "And I will feed the flock of slaughter, even you, O poor of the flock. And I took unto me two staves; the one I called Beauty, and the other I called Bands; and I fed the flock."

Obviously, Isael would gain temple mount to rebuild the temple on. Also, they could tear down the "fences" -- preparing "unwalled villages" for Gog to attack midtrib Ezek 38.

Still Further, Edom and Moab would be refuges for the fleeing "woman" of Rev 12. Isa 16:4 also suggests this -- "Let mine outcasts dwell with thee, Moab; be thou a covert to them from the face of the spoiler: for the extortioner is at an end, the spoiler ceaseth, the oppressors are consumed out of the land."

The one thing this seems to leave out is Iran. But, if conducted in a US attack on Iran, I can easily see the MidEast shaping up just like the Bible says it will before the tribulaion!

skypair

#1 skypair, Jun 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2007
  2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe the next major war involving Israel will be an all-out attack upon the Palestinians, provoked by some heinous act against Israel by them. i believe the jews will hit'em hard-n-fast, destroying mosta them before any outside nation can act.

This will lead to the [Arabs... racial slur removed] bringing their petro$$s to Russia, paving the way for the Gog-Magog attack upon Israel.

#2 robycop3, Jun 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2007
  3. skypair

skypair Active Member

Very likely so, roby. I think Israel's neighbors are emoboldened now by their success earlier this year. I don't doubt that they will "jump in" next time the Palestinians are attacked.

skypair

4. mnw

mnw New Member

War in Israel? No chance, Big Tony is going over there on behalf of the EU, UN, Russia and America to arrange peace.

For some eschatological positions this is an interesting development that leads to some speculation.

Anyway... :)